i.

Momobami Kirari did not take the word no as an answer. Since the school year had fallen under her lead as the new first-year student council president, much had changed. The last leader did not push gambling to the point of life or death, but quite surely Kirari did not hesitate to create a mess out of the school. Or should it be said as her school. As student council president, she set excessive gambling practices into play for all the high school students to partake in. She had created an 'aquarium' with all the students as her fish. But there was one fish in particular that had intrigued her more than any.

Igarashi Sayaka. At the time of her high school entrance she was a shy, antisocial nerd. Having been the best in all her middle school, she was always found with her nose stuck in the pages of her textbook. She felt as if her academic abilities were all that was to her character. That all changed once the young girl saw Kirari.

The first time that Sayaka had laid her eyes on Kirari, she was enchanted by her. The way the girl with circular braids gambled, the way she put her whole being into winning the silly game. Kirari was the exact opposite of Sayaka, and Sayaka loved that. She knew the president was special, and she would do anything to observe her more closely. This is why she scheduled an appointment with the new president shortly after that day.

~

"Igarashi Sayaka, far and away the best grades in our high school, to say nothing of our middle school. So? Why did you request to meet with me? To demand I put you on the next terms student council, perhaps?" Kirari looked at Sayaka questioningly, examining her appearance. Cute, she thought.

Sayaka was a blushing mess. Her hands were in fists in an attempt to keep her trembling limited.
"Th-Thats not why. P-Please, please make me your secretary!" She took a deep breath, relieved.

"Oh? My secretary?" Kirari smirked. "It's not a bad job, but surely there are other ways you could put your intellect to use, no?"

Sayaka put her hands over her heart as she looked for the right words. Then she let her thoughts flow out.
"I saw you gambling the other day. It was beautiful. Not only did you, a first year like me, gamble with the student council president, but I can't even imagine the time, people, and effort that were sacrificed to reach that moment and make those bets. And then, you were ready to throw it all away in a single move! I'll never be able to gamble like that for my whole life. That's why I want to be by your side, so I can watch you from up close." She relaxed one again and asked her final question. "Was it really you who did that?"

Kirari looked taken aback by her classmate's last question. Sayaka realized her already spoken words and quickly apologized. However, Kirari was not insulted. She excused Sayaka back to her classroom and informed her she would think about the offer.

~

Sayaka had her book open in front of her. She was sat down at her desk and could not stop thinking about the president. Gosh she's gorgeous. I really want to be by her side. A few girls in the back of the class snickered at Sayaka in her fazed state, waking her up from her daydreams. She looked down at her lap, ashamed to be having such provocative thoughts about Kirari.

All of a sudden the sliding door of the classroom quickly glided open. The entire class gasped. The president and her twin sister, the vice president, walked in and made their way to Sayaka's desk.

"You know, I find you fascinating."

Sayaka looked up in surprise - she out of all people would know that voice from anywhere. It was the president!

"You're hired. Come every day starting tomorrow. You will be the student council secretary. I look forward to working together, Sayaka."

~

hi there, this was sort of just an introduction to start off this story. a lot of monologue actually came from episode 10, season 2 so that part was not original. i hope you liked it, feel free to leave constructive criticism on my writing, but don't be mean or a bitch will cry ahah anyways bye lesbians