epilogue.

Sayaka walked through the field of lilies once more, taking her time to bend down and smell the white flowers. A gentle breeze picked up, causing all the lilies around her to sway softly in the direction of the wind. The aroma of the plants filled her nostrils, releasing dopamine as if releasing pollen into the air. The woman smiled contently, gently letting go of the delicate bulb she was holding, as she resumed her composure standing upright.

It had been a long time since she had last visited the lilies at her former secondary academy. She had grown and matured substantially since then, now bordering age 39 as an elegant and mature lawyer. Her path to success was not paved, but well-earned. Kirari, Sayaka's wife, would agree.

Today, however, Sayaka came alone to the tower of doors. Such an old sentimental place. The place she had found love, the setting she had gotten engaged, and the location where she had been wed over a decade ago, immediately following the legalization of gay marriage in Japan. Those memories reflected her most treasured life moments.

Sayaka began walking again. The sunset made the lilies radiate an illusion of a warm glow. She had come here to reflect upon her life, her struggles, her happiness. Kirari had recommended it after a tireless week of work, insisting that a break would be necessary for Sayaka to keep her sanity with the current client she was representing. Kirari knew her wife well and was undoubtedly correct.

The towers in the field, now abandoned, were unkempt with spider webs and dust. After Kirari's student council had graduated, the school reverted back to a typical institution, one where students did not lose their lives to gambling. In the process, much of the gambling equipment had been discarded, including the large plot where the towers were located on. Nobody had come there in years, except occasionally Kirari and Sayaka.

Sayaka decided to go up to the roof of the tower, much like she used to in her teenage years. She would spend hours at a time lost in her mind, creating scenarios of her future. But now that she was grown, she would be engrossed with memories of the past.

The woman lowered herself onto the hard rooftop, adjusting her flowy dress neatly under her. Sayaka sighed as she looked at the sun before her, already making its departure to the other side of the world. The sunset created a warm atmosphere, which encouraged her to calmly close her eyes. What a poetic circumstance.

Coming to her senses, Sayaka began to think. Her life after graduating high school had been audacious as if it were synonymous with a merry-go-round. The effort she had put into things like law school, her relationship, and self-awareness - all of it seemed to be surreal for one person.

As for Akihiko, Sayaka's separated brother, it would take almost a decade for them to be reunited. But never did they give up hope to find one another. The universe must have granted their wish, as Sayaka found Akihiko again in her late twenties, just as he was leaving middle school. It was the happiest day of her life, she decided. She won custody of him two years later, and Akihiko remained in her care until he grew into an adult. Presently, he was a valuable treasure in the family, and now preparing to graduate from college.

Ririka and Mary finally got together and had married in a joint wedding with Kirari and Sayaka. They had 2 children now and were as happy as ever.

Finally, Sayaka's relationship. What a gorgeous thought indeed.
Kirari and Sayaka never fell astray. Throughout the years, even in times of utter hopelessness or hardship, life could not break them. As the universe fell apart, love remained true. It was the kind of love one can only dream of, the kind of love found only through mutual respect and resolution. Though their relationship had common hardships, Kirari and Sayaka refused to be broken. So, they were strengthened, bonded to one another in love. That's how their approached life: together.

Thinking back on her life, all Sayaka could do was smile. Her life was full of love, joy, and family. She was happy to be alive.

She snapped out of her dreamy state and opened her eyes when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to find her gorgeous wife, Kirari, bending over her with a bouquet of flowers in hand. They were lilies.

"Hello, Sayaka. I picked you some lilies from below, as I know that you love them. I think they would look splendidly in the kitchen, don't you?"

"Yes. They would look lovely."

Kirari held out her free hand to her love, and Sayaka graciously accepted. The two walked out of the tower together, arms linked, ready to spend an eternity loving one another.

~

so hi, basically i didn't like the closure of this story, so i just wrote an epilogue lol. i was planning on writing another story but realized that would probably be too difficult, so this will suffice. but if i'm feeling it, maybe i can do kirasaya oneshots of fluffy things. for now thank you for reading, i appreciate you more than words could say.