15

He did listen to me. We didn't stop kissing until it was time to pick up my sisters. He walked me to my car and we made out until the last moment. It was freaking awesome. My heart was racing, butterflies fluttered in my stomach and my whole body was humming after such a sizzling experience.

I didn't know what this was, but it felt like bliss.

A goofy smile played in my face as I got my sisters from school. I didn't even mind when Mom told me that she was leaving with Riley for the rest of the afternoon. Which was fine with me.

Every week, she dedicated an afternoon to one of us, it was sort of like a Mom-daughter date night. To be honest, it had been a while since we'd had one of those.

When I was living here, I was always busy with Chris, but she was always understanding. We used to have some late night chats too.

Tonight, it was Riley's turn. However, Mom didn't have time to go to the grocery store. She did leave us money for a pizza since Dad was getting home late too.

Riley was so happy for her special time with Mom. She had put on a pretty yellow dress and a white sweater. Her brown hair was down for a change. Mom was taking her to a play and they were both looking their best. They hopped inside the car with excitement written in their faces. Haley and I watched them from the front porch as the blue van rode away.

Just as the car disappeared around the corner, I turned to my sister. "So, what do you want to do?"

Her eyes lit up with enthusiasm. "Could we do a Star Wars marathon?"

"We won't have time to watch all the movies, though." It was Friday, but I was pretty sure Mom wouldn't approve to have Haley awake all night watching men fighting with laser words. They weren't that violent, but Mom had a strict policy about action movies and bed time. Her face fell down and I felt the need to make it up to her. "I think the first three ones would be okay, Hals. Plus, we can get pizza and I'm sure there's ice-cream in the freezer. How does that sound?"

She squealed, happiness oozing out of her. "Really great!"

Grinning, I gestured to the house. "We should probably start right now. We can call for the pizza when the first movie ends." Almost jumping up and down, Haley made her way back to the house. Amused, I trailed behind. After our rocky start, I was happy to be able to bond with her.

Everything was going great until the end of the first movie. Turns out, it was the only Star Wars movie on Netflix. Haley tried to search for the next two throughout the app without success. Her bottom lip protruded while her eyes casted down. She left the Wii remote on the table and sat with crossed arms on the couch, clearly disappointed.

"Hals, I'm sorry. We could watch Harry Potter instead?" I scrunched up my nose as I watched her.

"It's not on Netflix either," she muttered in a low tone, while her shoulders slumped.

Gnawing on my lip, I thought it through. I was pretty sure that Chris had all the movies in his house. Yet, it was Friday. He was probably not home. My stomach churned uneasily. What if he wasn't? I would spend the rest of the night thinking about it. That was bound to be absolute torture.

However, when my eyes laid on my little sister pouting and all, I thought, suck it up, Farah. Taking a deep breath, I told her to wait up before I went to the kitchen and grabbed my phone from the counter, where I'd left it charging. I dialed Chris' number, while biting my nails.

"Hello?" My stupid heart skipped a beat at the mere sound of his voice.

"Hi Chris," I cringed at the high pitched tone that came out of my mouth. "It's, uhm, Farah. I'm doing a Star Wars marathon with Haley and we sort of ran out of movies." I closed one eye, feeling totally self-conscious. Did he not have my number on his phone? How could he not know that it was me calling? And hadn't we shared a freaking make-out session a few hours ago? "I wanted to ask if I could borrow the second and third movies."