Ch 16- brace check

**6 weeks later**

Daniel knocks on my door on this Monday morning.

I groan and roll over
"I'm up Daniel" I say

"Be downstairs in 15 you have a brace check with Caleb today" he says

I sigh, knowing I have to go to school after and I wasn't feeling that great today, I think I was coming down with a cold or something

I sniffle a bit and get up and open my wardrobe. I grab and oversized shirt and leggings then go to the bathroom and change, did my hair into a side braid and brushed and flossed my teeth. I go downstairs. I put in my socks and shoes.
"You ready?" Daniel says
"I guess, is there money on my lunch account for lunch?" I ask
"Yea" Daniel says

I get up and grab my bag then me and Daniel head to the car. We drive to the office and arrive. We head on back to the exam room. Daniel took a seat in the corner of the room while I sat in the dentist chair.

Caleb walks in with a tray of tools assuming to check my braces and stuff. I don't know orthodontics.
"Hey Chloe" Caleb said
"Hey" I say

He sits down in the stool, puts a bib on me then washes his hands and applies gloves and a mask. Then he reclined me back and positions the light and picks up his mirror and explorer.

"Open" he says

I do so and he began checking the progress of my braces.

"Your braces are doing good, all I am gonna do is replace your wires and bands" he explains

I nod

"I want purple this time" I say

"Okay" Caleb said

Caleb picks up the tools and began removing the bands and wire. He even gives my teeth a quick cleaning. Then he cuts the wire and replaces it on top and bottom it felt a bit tighter. I know I will be sore for a few days Caleb already told me that before I got the braces that I didn't want in the first place. I hate braces and I always will, I can't wait for them to be removed.

"When will they be removed" I asked randomly

"Maybe in a year" he says

I sigh

He finally finishes and the chair was returned to normal state and so was the light.
Caleb takes my bib off then his gloves and mask then me and Daniel leave. Daniel drops me off at school.

School was good I was in middle school I go to high school in a few years.. that will be eventful.

My day went by slow. We worked on our projects in English. We learned some new material in math, book work in science and history. Just the usual and gym my last hour of the day.

I hated gym.

We played dodgeball.

I was day dreaming..

I got smacked in the face with the ball. My eye was throbbing. My cheek hurt a bib what am I gonna tell Daniel, I hope I didn't damage any teeth. I hate the dentist enough. Ugh.. Daniel is gonna be so upset.