Ch 20- the future (last chapter)

**many years later, college graduation**

MILO

College graduation, the day I graduate college. With a freaking doctorate in dentistry.
So many hard years of college.. so many practicums, clinicals, exams, classes, it was a tough 6 years. Dad helped me throughout dental school. I never thought I would become a dentist. I used to be scared of them. But dad inspired me to become the person I am. I am following dad in his foot steps.

On the other hand Shiloh, has moved away. She is a cosmetologist a few hours away. We still talk but not much. Still have thanksgiving, Easter, and other holidays together.

I was now on the stage, I was next in line to graduate. Me and Jacob went on paths to become dentists. I can't believe Jacob followed this career path. I wonder if that project we did many years ago influenced him to come to dental school with me.

"Milo shepherd" the guy read.
I cross that stage and I saw dad in the crowd along with Shilo, I wasn't expecting Shilo to show up to my college graduation. I swore I saw dad shed a tear, I plan on moving back with dad for a while til I can get an apartment. Dad said I can work with him and take over when he retires.

I was handed my diploma. All my professors stood there clapping and smiling at me. I was so proud of what I accomplished. I take a seat in my designated chair then I watch Jacob graduate too. I was proud of him too even though he struggled a little bit but we made it, we made it through dental school.

After graduation I approach dad and shilo. They both had the biggest smiles across there faces. Shilo pulled me into a hug then dad joined into a group hug.

"I'm so proud of you bro" Shiloh says

I smile "thanks"

"My son a dentist" dad smiles and she'd another tear. Is he really embarrassing me right now in front of these people. Oh well.

We leave after talking with some people and go out to lunch. I took my gown off I was wearing nice clothes. Shilo orders a lemonade which has sugar both me and dad gave her a look. She better get used to this.

We stopped by my dorm and got my things. I've already packed and didn't have much.
Jacob comes too in the dorm and I congratulate him again, he congratulated me too again and so did dad and Shilo

"I have a job offer for both of you" dad said

"What is it" me and Jacob said

"Come work with me" he says

"Okay" me and Jacob said and hugged dad.

Later on we arrive home I put my belongings away. Then I relax and out comfy clothes on and shower. It feels so nice to be home. It's gonna be fun working with dad. I'll learn so much from him. I'll become a better dentist because of him. He's my dad and I love him.
Also I know in heaven mom is proud of me too. I am proud of myself. I never gave up.

Now to begin my career as a dentist..