Ch 12- braces

MILO

The day finally came.. the day we get braces. I know Shiloh wasn't excited. I was not excited either. I like the way my teeth are.

We arrive to the office and we were now waiting in the exam room with dad waiting for Dr. Wilford to come in.

Dr. Wilford finally came in. He had two trays filled with supplies he needed to put brace on us. I bet braces are gonna hurt. I would try to take them off but I knew dad was way to smart and his everything before hand.

"Who's first" he says

Shiloh stood up and he offers to go first.

SHILOH POV

I sit in the chair knowing niko was not gonna offer to go first, he is such a big baby he doesn't want braces, nor do I but you know dad is gonna force us to get them.

Seymour places a bib on me, reclined me back and positions the light then applies gloves and mask then grabs the mirror and explorer.

"You ready sweetheart?" He asks

"Yea" I say and open my mouth

"I'm just gonna give you a quick cleaning then we will go ahead but the brackets on alright?" Seymour said

I nod

He gets the electric toothbrush and puts toothpaste on it and begins brushing my teeth really good. After 5 minutes of brushing my teeth, on every edge and surface of my tooth was spotless then he announced it was time for the braces.

He dries my teeth really good. Then starts applying the brackets with a special tool. It didn't hurt it was just a little pressure when pressing the brackets on my teeth with the glue and using the special light.

It look around 20 minutes for him to put brackets on all my teeth.

"What color bands would you like?" He asks

"Pink" I say

He starts putting the wire on my teeth, I now realize why braces hurt. It was the wire that does the straightening.

He places the bands on with the special tool. Then finally I was done. I ran my tongue along my teeth they felt weird and bumpy.

"This is weird" I giggle

He lets me get up after taking the bib off me. I took a selfie with my phone I look so weird. Dad was smiling at me. Milo was laying his head on dads shoulder. He was such a daddy's boy.

"Alrighty Milo your turn" Seymour said

Dad nudges Milo to get up and eventually Milo shakily stands up and approaches the chair.

MILO

great. Just great. The time I get braces. I know if I fight I will be restrained and made fun of by my sister for being a baby.

I sit in the chair. Seymour switched out trays and changes his gloves. Then places the bib on me.

"First things first I'm gonna clean your teeth really good just like Shilo" he says whilst grabbing the toothbrush with toothpaste.
He picks up his mirror and explorer and I open my mouth.
He scrapes bits of plaque here and there. Then he begins brushing my teeth.

Then he finishes with flossing. Then he dries my teeth really good. Then he starts applying the brackets. A little bit of pressure when he pressed down on them but it was bearable.

"What color bands" he asks

"Blue" I say

He gets blue bands puts them on the tray. Then he starts applying the wire. I see now why braces hurt.

He has me run my tongue in my teeth to check for poking wires but so far so good. He then apples the bands then finally I was all finished and the chair was returned to normal state.
Then the bib was removed and I was released dad had a giant smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes because I didn't like the way the braces felt.
Dad smirks "you will get used to them"

I sigh

We all go home, but we made a pit,  we stopped for ice cream

I hated them so much.