Ch 17- I hate this place

JACOB POV

I was now waking up for the day. It was Monday morning. I have to wake up extra early because of my appointment. I have to go with my mom because she has to sign me in at the office and at the school to get a pass so I don't get a tardy.

I roll out of bed and grab a change of clothes and head to the shower, after that I get dressed and brushed, flossed and used mouthwash.
The toothache didn't seem to go away. I hoped it was a hard piece of food but I guess not..

I grab my bag and head downstairs throwing my bag on the couch I grab a banana to eat for breakfast. I sit on the kitchen island eating it. Mom was sitting down sipping tea and on her laptop.

"We have to leave soon you got everything because you got to go to school right after" mom said

"Yea" I say

A little time has passed and now I was getting my shoes on grabbing my bag and heading to the garage with my mom. Mom then drives to the office.

We shortly arrive to the office and head inside. Mom checks me in and we take a seat in the waiting room.

5 minutes of waiting and the door opened revealing Troy. He waved at me funnily trying to make me laugh. But I wasn't in the mood to laugh. I hate this place

I mean I really hate this place..

I stood up and follow Troy on back. I wasn't a morning person so I didn't make conversation. We go take the x-rays first. Which was done very quickly.

We then go to the exam room and try has the x-rays pulled up on his computer.

"You have a cavity" Troy said

"I know.." I say

"How do you know?" Troy asks

"Because I've been feeling it for a few days" I admit

"Then why didn't you say something?" Troy asked in a concerned voice.

"I don't know" I say

"Okay" he says

Troy washes his hands then snaps on gloves and mask. Then places a bib on me. Then reclined the chair and positions the light.

He picks up the dreaded mirror and explorer.

"Open" he says

I open a little bit

"A little wider" he says

I roll my eyes and open wider.

He examines my mouth and scrapes bits a plaque here and there. nothing horrible. It was bearable.
He uses the rinse and suction tool once in a while.

"Alright bud I'm just gonna clean your teeth then you will be all for today, then we will talk to your mom about filling this cavity, alright?" Troy said

I nod in agreement

He cleans my teeth and uses suction and rinse every one in a while. He polished my teeth nicely and flossed. Also using the mirror and explorer.

Finally I was done and the chair was returned to normal state the bib was taken off. The light was turned off. Troy sets the tray aside. Then takes off his gloves and mask.

I was released and Troy walks me out. then we scheduled the appointment for after school today

Yay...
I went to school. I told Milo what happened and how I was going back to the office after school to have my cavity filled.

Oh what fun..

We finished the project. Then presented it. I hate presentations.
But Milo was a damn good public speaker. He wasn't nervous or anything.
We got an A+ on that project for sure. We had a dentists help from his dad which was helpful.

The bell rang for us to go home.. next stop the dental office. Man the dentist office twice in a row oh boy what a treat.

Mom picks me up from school and takes me to the office. Then signs me in and we sat and waited my turn.
Troy soon comes through and I head on back.

I had this done before I knew how it goes.. he would examine with mirror and the spikey tool, use the numbing jelly, then the dreaded needle, then the drill, then the filling then finishing it off, except last time there was a fight but I am over that.

That's basically how it went and mom took me for ice cream. Then went home. Then did homework. Then dinner and so on

Tomorrow is a new day...