Ch 6

JACOB POV

The next morning I woke up I kind of forgot what today was. I get ready brush my teeth and head downstairs. Dad was down there talking to mom.
"I will take him to his appointment have a good day honey" dad said to mol and dad kissed her on the cheek and mom left for work.

I forgot about the appointment oh god.
I stood there in silence and dad looked at me and smiles.
"Hey Bud you ready to go?" He says

"Ready as I'll ever be" I sigh

I get my shoes on, so does my dad and we go to the garage and lock up the house and get in the car, open the garage and leave and close it behind us.

We didn't talk much during the car ride I just pray it's not Troy, Milos dad. This is a small town there are only a few dentists in this town.

We arrive to the dental office we get out and lock the car and head inside the office with dad. I start getting nervous because there was a plaque and it was an award for something and it said Troy shepherd D.D.S on it which frightened me more.

We check in, dad does paperwork and we take a seat. A few moments later the door to the back opened revealing a tall figure and a small boy who was a teenager, the boy sighed and walked to his mom and they left.

The tall figure looks at me. Oh crap. It was Troy
"Jacob! How are you!" He said and smiles warmly at me.

Oh boy this was gonna be so awkward.

"Hi.." I said shyly

"Would you like to follow me?" He asks

My dad nudges me and I got up and followed him. He first took me to a room where my x-rays were taken which was really quick. Then he lead me to an examination room where he told me to sit down.

This is the part where there might be a fight. I hate the dentist. I like Troy because he is Milos dad but he's a dentist ugh..

He pulls up x-rays on the computer and observes them and places a bib on me.

"Okay Jacob.. Urm I'm gonna take a look at this suspicious tooth.." he says and snaps on a pair of gloves and mask then reclined the chair back.

He grabs a mirror and explorer and rolls behind me.

"Open" he says

I refuse to open and shake my head no.

"Come on Jacob it's just a quick look" he says politely

"I can't" I say starting to feel really uneasy.

"I know you can" he says calmly.

I bolt up in my chair and stand up and cross my arms.

"Please I cant" I say and tear up.

He sighs and pulls his mask down.

"Do I have to get your dad?" He asks

"No.." I whisper and look at him

"Please have me look..." he says

"I don't want you too" I say

He sighs and slams his tools down, takes his gloves off and walks out.

JACOBS DAD POV

I see the door open to reveal dr. Shepherd.
He approaches me.

"He is refusing to have his teeth looked at" he said

"Oh, well his last dentist was really bad to him he's scared" I say

"I could see that, do you want me to try to convince him" he asks

"I guess he might try to run" I say

"I'll try my best, do I have your permission to use straps?" He asks

"Yes" I say

"Thank you" he says and walks back through the door and shuts it

JACOB POV

I walk out of the room and into the hall. I notice Troy walking back. Then hid in one of the other doorways and was breathing heavily.

He taps on my shoulder and I turn around.

He smiles at me.

"You okay?" He asks

"Leave me alone" I whisper

He sighs unhappily.

Nobody likes a upset dentist..