Ch 4

(A/n) this book is going to have a lot of time skips and a shorter book I apologize in advance

It been a few weeks since me and Shiloh started 2nd grade.
Me and my new friend Jacob were at lunch when we started talking about family.
"Do you have brothers or sisters?" I ask

"No I am an only child" Jacob says

"Your lucky, I have a twin sister" I say

"Oh that's cool" he says

"So what do your parents do for a living" he then asks me.

"I only have a dad, my mom passed away, my dad is a dentist" I say

"Wow that's so cool, my dad is a carpenter and my mom works as a nurse" he says

"That's cool, having a dad is dentist is hard sometimes he is always hard on me and my sister about our teeth" I say

"I bet" he says

After school I invited Jacob to my house to hang out for a bit and dad invited him to dinner. We got pizza for dinner.

We were all eating and chatting. It was a Thursday night. Then all of a sudden jacobs hand flew up to his jaw.

Dad noticed and eyes him he had worry in his eyes.

"Jacob bud are you okay?" He asks

"Mr Shepherd I think I think I just bit my cheek really hard" Jacob says

"Jacob you can call me Troy, I worry about you, are you sure you are okay?" He asks again

"I'm fine" Jacob said

"Do you wanna go home?" Troy asks as he was gonna offer him a ride and it just started raining.

"Yes please" he says

We finish dinner and we all get in the car and Jacob tells dad where he lives. We drop him off at home.

"Jacob if you ever need anything I'm here for you Bud" Dad says as Jacob got out of the car.

"Thanks Troy" Jacob says as he walked up to his house. We made sure he got inside before we went home.

We went home and had to do my night routine of showering, bed time snack and brushing and flossing our teeth. Then heading to bed. Tomorrow was Friday.

The next day I get up to my alarm. Today was Friday and I was happy. I get to stay up late tonight even though dad will tell me to go to bed around 11 or so.

I get up and get ready for school and me and Shilo waited for the bus. I eat a breakfast bar while waiting for the bus.

We get into he just and I sat with Jacob who looked down for some reason.

"Jacob is everything okay?" I ask

"My tooth hurts from yesterday and I'm scared of the dentist" Jacob says

I sigh

"You know my dad will help you" I say

"I know I just have my fear you know" he says

"I understand" I say

We get to school and went to homeroom and did our class work. Jacob was really quiet at lunch. I knew why. I know he is in pain because he barely ate lunch. I continued to ask and he just nodded off on everything. I went home and told dad I was worried about Jacob. Dad offered to help. But I don't know if Jacob is gonna like help. I know he is in pain.