seven | heart of darkness

Start from the beginning

As he put his baseball bat back into its original spot, Jeremy asked, "So you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?"

Damon replied, "Dead vampire's redundant, but yes."

Jeremy told them, "Well, I can't. I can talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them." After putting his helmet away, he turned to Damon and Elena as he said, "I've never even met Rose."

Damon asked him, "What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?"

Elena told Jeremy, "Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection."

Jeremy sighed as he looked back at Damon before he looked past him and saw the Mikaelson twins walk around the corner and over towards where they were standing.

It was only then that he said to Damon and Elena, "Fine, fine. Can we do this later? My friends just got here. And yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done."

Elena scoffed as she turned to look at Jeremy and said to him, "Jer..." After Jeremy greeted them and they had both turned to look over at Elena with smirks on their faces, Elena's eyes widened and she started to take a couple of steps back as she said, "Damon, it's Kol and Annabelle!"

Just as Damon turned around to look at the Mikaelson twins, Kol swung his bat and hit him in the front of his neck, which got Jeremy to say, "What the hell are you doing?!"

Elena told him, "Jeremy, get back, they're Originals."

Jeremy's eyebrows furrowed as he said, "What?"

While Annabelle grinned down at Damon and watched as he continued to lie on the ground, Kol said to Jeremy, "No hard feelings, mate, but we're not buds." After grabbing an aluminum bat, he said to himself, "You know, I'll never get used to aluminum. But, hey, at least it won't break."

Just as Kol started to swing the bat at Damon once more, Damon quickly grabbed the bat and shoved a piece of the broken, wooden bat into Kol's chest, which made him fall onto the ground and veins to start to cover his body.

Just as Jeremy was about to ask if Kol was dead, he suddenly stopped when he saw Annabelle start to shake as her hands clenched into fists.

Damon and Elena only shared a look with each other before they looked back at Annabelle just as Annabelle slowly raised her head and stared at Damon with narrowed eyes as her veins came onto display.

She only tilted her head as she stared at Damon for a couple of seconds before she suddenly sped towards him and threw him against one of the fences for the batting cages.

Just as Elena started to try and walk towards Annabelle in an attempt to get her to stop, Annabelle quickly sped towards Elena and slammed her back against one of the fences and grabbed the front of Elena's neck with a tight grip before she said to the doppelganger, "Don't think that just because you're off limits that means that I won't go against my brother's wishes of not killing you, if you choose to try and keep me from killing Damon." After glancing over at Jeremy, she said, "The same goes for your brother. I have no qualms about killing either of you, so it would be best if you chose to not test me, because I wouldn't think twice before I kill any of you or your friends back in Mystic Falls. Do you understand me?"

When Elena didn't respond, Annabelle tightened her grip on Elena's neck as she said, "I believe that I just asked you a question, Elena."

Elena quickly nodded her head as she said, "Yes, I-I understand."

Annabelle hummed to herself before she slowly leaned in towards Elena's face as she said, "I don't think that you do." As she slowly started to shove her hand into Elena's chest, she asked Elena, "Why don't you try and prove that you actually understand what I'm saying? Hmm?"