fifty seven | christmas through your eyes

As a dark-haired man went to kneel down in front of the dark-haired woman that had a stab wound in her arm, he said to her, "Alright, sissy

As a dark-haired man went to kneel down in front of the dark-haired woman that had a stab wound in her arm, he said to her, "Alright, sissy. Let's try this again."

It was then that the dark-haired woman said to him, "Stop. I put my magic in there by choice. Taking it back is also my choice. Unless I bleed to death... which will happen in the next thirty minutes." After chuckling to herself, she asked him, "Wouldn't it be ironic if you accidentally killed me before the merge ceremony?"

In response to the woman's words, the man slowly stood up and started to make his way over towards the doorway to the crypt before he stopped just in front of it and told the curly-haired blonde woman, "I'm going to find a bandage, while you figure out how to put the magic in this knife into our sister." After the woman grabbed the knife from him and he took a step closer towards the doorway to the crypt, he said to her, "Preferably by the time I get back, so I don't have to dull it by slitting your throat."

Not long after he said that, he found himself face-to-face with not only Dorothy and Avalon Sullivan, but also Annabelle Mikaelson, who was silently eyeing him with her eyes narrowed and her head tilted to the side.

With a sigh, the man asked them as he gestured towards Annabelle, "Do I even want to ask who the hell this is?"

Avalon told him, "Kai, this is Annabelle Mikaelson. She's the one I told you that my daughter had been working with for the past year."

In response, Kai did nothing but slowly eye Annabelle before he said, "Huh. I thought she'd be taller." After seeing Annabelle's right eye twitch, Kai went and pointed at Annabelle as he said, "But I will give you this much. She does seem just as crazy as you said she'd be."

In turn, Annabelle scoffed before she replied, "Says the man who just threatened to slit open his own sister's throat."

In response, Kai did nothing but laugh as he started to walk away from them with Avalon close behind him.

And as the two of them continued to walk far away from the crypt, Annabelle said to Dorothy, "I don't see the importance in having a man like that on your side."

Instead of receiving a response from the young, siphoning witch, all Annabelle heard was silence, which got her to turn her head to look over at Dorothy, who was currently staring after Kai and Avalon with a frown on her face and her eyebrows furrowed.

Instead of choosing to question the look Dorothy had on her face, Annabelle simply remained silent as she listened to the sound of Kai talking to Avalon about who Annabelle was and why she was recruited to begin with.

* * *

With a nod of her head, the dark-haired woman said to the blonde-haired woman, "It'll be okay. I just needed to get rid of Kai so you could free me."

The blonde-haired woman told her, "Look, Jo... you can't run away from this anymore. You've had eighteen years of freedom. Now, take your magic back and do this. You owe it to the coven."