ninety three | voodoo child

While lightly rubbing the top of her head, Kol stared down at an unconscious Annabelle Mikaelson as he said to her, "I'm terribly sorry that it's taken me so long to get here, Annabelle

While lightly rubbing the top of her head, Kol stared down at an unconscious Annabelle Mikaelson as he said to her, "I'm terribly sorry that it's taken me so long to get here, Annabelle. As you know, our brothers and sisters were at war with the Hollow." After forcing a chuckle, he said, "And like usual, Nik had attempted to dagger me yet again. I know that if it weren't for you being in this particular stupor that you would have done everything you could to prevent him from daggering me. But as I'm sure you've guessed, he didn't."

After letting out a sigh, he told her, "But that's not why I'm here. I'm here because it's been a couple of days since you've been awake, and I need you to wake up. I'm not the only one who wants you awake, either. Both Dorothy and Kai want you awake as well, despite the two of them having their own personal reasons for wanting you awake. And not one of us blames you for whatever nonsense you are going through inside of your head. Kai and Dorothy both blame Lucien for what he did to you five years ago, while I blame myself. If I hadn't let you hang around Lucien over a thousand years ago, you wouldn't be in this position and you wouldn't have trusted him enough to allow this to happen. So, please, sister, just wake up and let me take you away with Davina and me."

When Annabelle still showed no sign of waking up, Kol sighed to himself before he placed a hand against the side of her head and closed his eyes.

The moment he was inside of her head, he saw the most traumatic memories replaying inside of her head, which got him to sigh to himself before he whispered to her, "Don't think of your hardships, sister. You must think of the happy times we shared over the years we've been around each other, and any happy moments you have shared with your friends." After a couple seconds of silence, he told her in a whisper, "Thinking onto the worst times of your life won't change anything. It will only make you retreat into a corner of your mind even more, which is what I don't want for you. I want you to wake up and be with your friends, who have sat by your side whenever Nik hasn't called for them to help with the ongoing war we had with the Hollow. Seeing as how Freya and the others have yet to come here and knock the door down, it is quite obvious that no one else knows about what's happening to you. No one else knows how you're torturing and tormenting yourself, all so that you don't have to wake up and come to the realization that the man you once had romantic feelings towards had the intention to hurt you in a way that nobody else has. But you need to wake up, sister. I won't be able to handle knowing you are spending the next millennium in this stupor with no signs of waking up."

After opening his eyes and seeing that Annabelle still hadn't woken up, Kol turned to Kai and Dorothy before he said, "I'm sorry, but she won't wake for even me."

With furrowed eyebrows, Dorothy replied, "Well, if she won't wake up for you of all people, then who the hell can get her to wake up?"

With a sigh, Kol said as he turned to look back at Annabelle with a deep frown on his face, "I don't know."

* * *

1653, A.D.

With a laugh, Annabelle asked, "What the hell are you doing?" When he didn't respond, she said, "Come on, you can tell me."