Chapter 36: Two Lines, Zero Guesses

Both demigods sighed. Glancing towards Harry, Ron, and Hermione, Percy and Annabeth realized they still had a while to go until the prophecy was completed. This was just the start. 

~~~

Percy and Annabeth spent the next couple weeks joined at the hip. They didn't leave each others' sight, which annoyed Umbridge (and many others) way too much.

They talked (half the time crying) and caught each other up on everything that happened in those two years that they were separated. 

At first Harry, Ron, and Hermione awe'd at the couple and admired how cute they were. By day three, Percabeth's magic of cuteness wore off and the trio became annoyed at how "lovey- dovey" (in Ron's words) Percy and Annabeth were. 

But to be fair, the last time Percy and Annabeth saw each other were in a war, hours after they got out of Tartarus, barely a year after they finally became boyfriend- girlfriend. 

Not to mention, they were 19, and both planned to propose to the each other. 

They had the right to be "lovey- dovey". 

Unfortunately, much to Percy and Annabeth's shock and dismay, being brought back together (but kept separate at night) intensified their flashbacks and nightmares. Multiple times a night, they'd wake each other up (and everyone else) screaming. 

Percy and Annabeth figured the only way to help each other, was to sleep in the common room on the couches rather than in the dormitories. And they were right. When one woke up screaming, the other was there to comfort. 

Once McGonagall found out, she was (how do you say...) unhappy. Using magic or however she managed to, Minerva created a soundproof room in the Gryffindor common room just for Percy and Annabeth. They had a bed, a bathroom (perfect for IM) and no one could hear them yelling in the middle of the night.

Everyone was much happier that way.

To allow Annabeth to stay at Hogwarts, McGonagall introduced her as another transfer student from Illvermony, and had her get "sorted" into her house. After getting sorted into Gryffindor (nearly five minutes later, like Percy) she later told Percy that the hat debated putting her in Ravenclaw or Slytherin (smart, yet cunning...), but she argued to get Gryffindor, which as Annabeth said the sorting hat commented, "just like a Gryffindor to argue about a house placement". 

Percy laughed, then told Annabeth the hat did the same thing to him about Hufflepuff. 

This caused Annabeth to laugh picturing Percy in bright yellow and black robes, in a house of people just like him. "You'd be a perfect fit, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth chuckled. "Although, you would've looked good in Slytherin's colors. The green kind of matches your eyes." She giggled.

Percy rolled said eyes. "You know, everyone keeps telling me that." He laughed.

Hecate even blessed Annabeth to be able to do magic, something Annabeth was extremely excited about. She practically spent three whole days cooped up in the library with Hermione talking about spells and potions. Percy slept in the chair next to Annabeth during those days. 

All in all, Percy and Annabeth wouldn't trade those first two weeks back together for anything. 

They were happy, for the first time, in a long time. 

~~~

The thunder outside Hogwarts boomed, practically shaking the castle. Lightning flickered across the common room. 

"So Snape was there? He's a death eater?" 

"Yes, Ron, I told you that weeks ago." Percy sighed. The group tried to focus on the prophecy again. Now that master plan maker Annabeth was there, they hoped it would go better than the first time.