The situation right now is highly tense, and every cell in my body is telling me not to defy Xavier, but the adrenaline rushing through me when I think about it makes me excited. 

Why do I love defying everything he says? 

The outfit Bailey dropped off a while ago when Xavier was in the shower was out on the bed as I did my makeup. I had already told Xavier I'd be sleeping early today since I wasn't feeling well, and he seemed super disappointed to not be in the same bed as me tonight. 

After applying some concealer, winged eyeliner in black and a glitter pink liner on top, along with a deep mulberry lip, I was ready to slip into my dress.

The dress belonged to Bailey and it was really pretty. It was a velvet pink material and there were open cuts on the curves of my waist and stomach. The slit for both legs were as high enough as my waist, and I wondered if Xavier would ever let me step out of the house if I do get caught. 

You are not getting caught, Valentina

You are not getting caught, Valentina. You are an independent, strong-willed woman, who is hiding the fact that she's going clubbing from a man who can turn her life upside down. 

You will go, and you will have fun. 

You totally deserve it.

You would think the pep talk would make me more confident, but the moment Xavier knocked on the door, I was ready to curl into a ball in the ground and panic.

"Babygirl?" He called out, and I didn't answer. 

His tone was so sweet, I felt terrible for lying to him.

"I guess you're asleep. Sleep tight, sweetheart," he mumbled, shuffling to his room and closing his door. 

How can I lie to someone who calls me sweetheart

God, get over it, Valentina. Live a little.

I softly closed the door, my glittery pink heels in my hand, tip toeing to the other side of the door. Thankfully the door did not creak, and I was safely deposited to the hallway and down by the elevator. I slipped on my heels in the elevator and walked down the alley, where Bailey waved at me furiously.

"OH MY GOD, VAL," she practically screamed.

"You. Look. Stunning," she emphasized and asked me to slip into the car. I got in the middle and my arm collided with another.

"Hi, Valentina," Liam said, and I smiled back nervously. Liam worked at the office too, and we talked a few times. Bailey keeps saying he has a major crush on me, but she's just being Bailey. He never really made a pass at me, and he's a real sweetheart. His light brown hair fell over his striking green eyes, and he had a cute smile.