hair dye

Requested by : Nobody
_________________________________________________________________

"Ken!" Yahaba called from the bathroom

"Hm?"

"Can you go get some hair dye from the convenience store? Please? I'm out and the dye is fading" the albino spoke in a softer tone.
Kyoutani put his phone aside and lazily got up from the couch. He wanted to know if the convenience store trip could wait, it was 6 in the morning and he didn't want to leave at such an ungodly hour.
He slowly pushed open the door as to not startle Yahaba, to find his boyfriend staring in the mirror with a tuft of his now white hair between his fingers.

If  it were anyone else, he would have told them to get it themselves; but from experience, he knew Yahaba would never go outside with his hair whitening or completely white. He was bullied for it in middle school and had been afraid of anyone to see it after that. Kyoutani was tempted to go find the bastards who'd bully someone already insecure, and beat them up; but he managed to keep a cool head.

Yahaba's hair was white at the roots, and some strands had lost colour completely. This happened monthly, though Yahaba usually kept extras, but of course there are times he forgets; he's human after all.

"Can't I go later?" Kyoutani whined, A true sight to see
"Ken I have class today" Yahaba gritted, his eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly.
It was one of those times when Kyoutani asked himself why he was attracted to pretty boys Who could hold their own. It was hard to tell that this was the same person from a few minutes ago.

The shorter sighed and left the bathroom to get his things before leaving. The memory of when he refused to go was still fresh in his mind; After arguing for a bit Yahaba locked himself in their room didn't come out or let anyone in; even Riku , their Shiba inu which was still a puppy at the time, till he got his goddamn hair dye. He also remembered the time when Yahaba cried to Watari to get him some when he ran out while Kyoutani was at work.
He wanted to completely forget about the time when Yahaba was desperate enough to call Oikawa of all people; That was a fiasco he would very much like to forget.

By the time he was ready to go, Yahaba's voice rang from the hallway " Can you get some dog food while you're out too?!oh and bleach!"

"Why bleach? don't we have enough?"

"Enough to erase some ink maybe, there's no way you'll be able to bleach all of  your hair, the bottle's almost empty and your hair is going black too"

The sides of Kyoutani's lips ticked up at his fiancé's sassy but caring personality as the mentioned fiancé made his way to the kitchen; though the second part rarely showed. Riku was still asleep on his little bed in the corner of the living room.

Just before he closed the door, he heard the stove click on.
He locked the door behind him and began his walk towards his destination.
______________________________________________________________________________

Bonus: the first time Yahaba made Kyoutani get hair dye for him
_____________________________________________________________________________

"Ken~ta~rou~"

Fear threw itself onto Kyoutani
He didn't like this tone
It was unusual and scary
Yahaba definitely wanted something

Kyoutani turned his head towards the taller, whose upper was leaning onto the the back of the couch as he stood behind it. His hair was slightly white at the roots and a little bit on the tips.

"Hey, can you get me some brown hair dye, you know the colour I use right? can you get it for me please?" Yahaba pleaded.
Kyoutani grunted "why can't you go?"
He knew he was being insensitive but he really didn't want to get up
He was in a great position, slouching  with Riku sitting comfortably on his lap.

"My hair is going white Kentarou"

"Can't you just wear a hat or something?"

"What if the wind blows it away??"The taller asked with slight worry in his voice.
The one thing that really pissed Kyoutani off was the fact that Yahaba kept dying his hair just because of some jerks from middle school.
In middle school, you go through puberty, which is why you might not look your best then, which causes people to insecure but letting that carry on into later life, seriously? Yahaba was a full grown man with amazing looks having just brown hair. Now imagine him with his hair completely white.

"It's not windy today Shigeru"

"What if it gets windy later?" He asked, biting his bottom lip, A sight Kyoutani might have found attractive if it weren't for the absolute dread on his face.

"I'm not going outside"

"why not?!"

"I don't want to"

"I hate you" making that final statement, Yahaba left the room, pouting.

~ 

Finally, after a few hours Kyoutani lifted himself off from the couch and began heading towards the bedroom.

He turned the knob but the door didn't open.

 He furrowed his eyebrows "Shigeru open the door" He asserted. The muffled reply came immediately after "Get me my hair dye and I'll listen to you!" 

Kyoutani could almost see the grin on Yahaba's face.

______________________________________________________________________________