Apsara Alambusha

Nymph Alambusha -1

An Apsara was born to Kashyapa and his wife Siddha.

There was once a sage named Dadicha who started meditating on the banks of Saraswati. Indra was frightened by their energy and deployed Alambusha to distract him. When the sage stepped into the river, she began to hesitate to contact him. Dadhich was immediately shocked at her beauty and ejaculated.

The semen fell into the river, and Saraswati became pregnant. She soon gave birth to a boy named Saraswat. Alambush took Dadhich to the child, who blessed that later, when the land would suffer from drought for 12 years, and the Brahmins would forget verses in the Vedas, Saraswati would remind them. During this time Indra lost his thunderbolt.

The Asuras attack Devaloka and Indra comes to know that a weapon made of the bones of Dadhich alone can drive away the Asuras. He got other devas to request Dadhich for his bones. The sage agreed and his soul went to heaven. From his bones, Indra built Vajras, Chakras, Palaces and many other weapons and killed the Asuras.

Soon the land faced heavy droughts and Brahmins. Saraswati stayed there with hsi mother. After 12 years, the drought ran its course, but by then the Brahmin had forgotten the Vedas.