36: Foresight-Seeing

=================

It has been a week since the last time.

If the Commander was still stubborn, he surely wouldn't change a bit. But somehow and someway, he finally listened to something that is for his own good.

Wow! A changed man he is now.

He has been subservient more to the maids now and listening to their every command. Since you know... If he misbehaves, he's getting the 'chop'.

A-kun: I'll leave you that for deliberation.

And so far, it's going very well for him, WHO COULD HAVE THOUGHT? Not being a hard-headed idiot has resulted in him recovering faster than he could have.

And about the 5 secretary harem Caster just unintentionally made, they all made an agreement in which they will be no conflict between the girls.

It was a schedule like any other. Each girl will get their own time with the Commander except when it's work hours with a lot of papers.

Isn't perfect, but the best they can do for now.

For some of the girls, it was like trying to cheer Caster up from the 2 destroyers... (You know.)

But a predictable caveat. Since some of the girls have already well... "Fallen". For the Commander, they wanted some of their allotted time to be as much and private as possible.

Which was impossible with the amount of girls Caster has around him at all times. But they're clever. Roon once just walked out of a closet out of nowhere it won't be long for someone to steal it.

As for the condition of the island where Caster is commanding its members. One of the largest factions that he's gotten, the Sakura Empire, has almost moved all of its members to Caster's base.

But some girls opted to be left behind for a place for 'secondary' purposes in case the island was decimated. Good call.

As for how well they all fit? Being almost 100 ship girls? Will be enough docks to store all those ships? Enough dorms to house them all?

Slowly but surely, in the last few months, the girls in the Sakura Empire, with Akashi's financial help and some debt, were able to build houses relatively quickly to house all members and incoming to the island.

And all of this was done... With almost no consent from the Commander.

As for him... He was on a bench. With Yorktown and sister duo of Edinburgh and Belfast.

"Yorktown, you had it harder than me. No need to feel that bad."

"Commander... Stop with that attitude. I bet everyone in the fleet cares about you more than you care about them. That's how powerful your impact has been."

He gave Yorktown a stare.

"That doesn't matter. Besides, if I was a bit faster in my response to that attack, you wouldn't even have to fight."

As soon as he said it, he couldn't feel it directly, he felt something... Off-putting right after his statement.

He kept his head down and ignored the sudden atmosphere change. Then a little cough from Belfast beside him got his attention.

"Commander. Don't give us that. What happened, happened. And I think Yorktown understood that. So if you're still lamenting about that and Ms. Yorktown moved on from it, I think you have some problems to resolve."

"Oh..." He turned to Yorktown and Edinburgh giving him a stare. And doesn't seem to be favorable.

After thinking about it... He understood the maid's point of view and reasoning. He also noticed that he wasn't being 'himself'.