5: Foretelling and Initiating

=================

'Ugh... What in the hell time is it?' Caster thought as he gets up from his bed. '0400? That's damn early... Should I sleep again?' He contemplated... 

One part of him wanted to go back to sleep, but his Commander's instincts just get the better of him. So he went to the bathroom so he can wash his face. And he went out of the bathroom in a casual attire that Belfast gave him as before he slept yesterday. 

He dressed up in that specific attire and he went out of the office... Looking left in right, he saw no one awake. He noticed there were a few doors and he hasn't got informed on what those rooms are for. So, in curiosity, he went to one of the doors to check out what's inside.

'Hope I'm not intruding. But then again, they're probably still sleeping.' Caster thought as he creaked open one of the doors.

He looked inside and his guess was right. It was a dormitory for the ship girls. He saw Javelin, Laffey, Ayanami, and Nimi. (Z23's nickname.) 

A-kun: Hold on, I like to call Z23 "Nimi" more than Zed. So expect me to use that more than the other nickname. Anyways, back to the story.

He saw double bunk beds on the left and the right side of the room. He smiled by the blissful faces of getting some sleep from the girls. He thought that they didn't really get too much sleep yesterday. In respect, he closed the door and left them alone. 

Now, there was a slight problem. Since he woke up so goddamn early, what is he going to do now? There isn't a battle or an event to attend to. Or go to the Command Center to get some orders from his higher-up. 

'I gotta really start adjusting to my life here.' Caster groaned. But he had an idea. 

He went into the cafeteria and uses the coffee machine they had in place. He made himself a normal black coffee. He really didn't like the flavor, but what other choice did he have?

He started to hesitantly slurp on his newly made black coffee which was piping hot. But his tongue wasn't really harmed by the extreme hotness of that coffee. Frankly, he was used to it. He got trolled by his fellow soldiers by making him drink boiling water used to heat up MRE meals. Since he didn't receive one. It was a bad memory sure, but it didn't really hurt him. He actually learned from it. Every good and bad memory, you'll always get a lesson from it. No matter what.

Caster goes outside of the building he was in. He took a look at the still-dark skies that were still glistening with still clear skies. He remembered something at this sight. This same view. 

Back when he was a Drill Sergeant, he would wake up to see the cadets already outside getting their training in. Doing harsh physical examinations, and some firearms training. There were literally sounds of gunfire this early in the morning. 

'I could use some exercise... I gotta make it a normal thing to wake up early and get some training.' As he finishes the coffee and places the mug into the sink and he washed it before going out of the building. 

Caster breathes in and out. His idea for his exercise today is jogging around the whole base for 4 loops. No breaks. He wanted to get his endurance better. Just because he got here doesn't mean he will slack off of his mission of self-care.

"Three... Two... One. Go." As Caster started his endurance test. 

=================

Caster is in the middle of his 3rd loop. He isn't tired just yet. But he realized very early that the island was big. Like very big. In hindsight, he got toured very little of the island yesterday. But he already started it and he's in the middle of the jogging. And he's keeping his word of "no breaks".