𝚘𝚗𝚎

❝𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕.❞

𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚜

When Eris looked in the bathroom mirror, she thought, there's no way this day could get worse. 

The skin around her left eye was now red, and her nose was bleeding. She knew her eyes are going to be swollen and possibly the mixture of purple and blue by tomorrow but at least her nose almost stopped bleeding. 

She didn't really care about the cut on her bottom lip, but she cared about the angry letter from Professor Slughorn, that was on the way to her father. She tried to convince Slughorn not to write it, she begged him, but the professor thought this "incident" was something her father would want to know about - and he was not wrong. 

Eris quickly fixed her hair and robe, but she couldn't wash off all the blood that was still lightly streaming from her nose, so there was no choice but to walk out of the bathroom with a bloody nose and try to avoid being seen by anyone. Although there was no way that the "incident" wasn't known by every student (or faculty) already, she didn't want to be seen anything less than perfect.

She took a deep breath before she stuck her head out to take a glance around the hallway. It was already late, everyone finished the feast and went to each of their own houses' common room to catch up with their friends and peers, so there was no living soul at sight. She walked out of the bathroom and made her way through the dead silent hall, the only noise she heard was the sound of her heels clicking against the floor. 

"There you are" she heard a familiar voice shouting after her from behind. 

She didn't need to turn around to know, it was Damon. She didn't stop, she only started to walk quicker, but he easily caught up to her.

"Oh, please, don't slow down. I enjoy running after you way too much" he snorted sarcastically, but he threw an arm around Eris' shoulder to pull her closer to himself. "Here, take this." He handed her a creamy silk handkerchief.