𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

❝ 𝚆𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔; 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.❞

𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚘

Remus Lupin loved books. They helped him escape his miserable reality, especially the pain-filled days which came every month. He enjoyed muggle books like no one else in Hogwarts. Every year he needed a separate suitcase to bring all the books he planned to read during his time in school since they didn't offer any copies from the muggle world in the library. 

It was all thanks to his mother, Hope Howell, who filled her home with books, music and art, after the unfortunate accident of 1964. Remus tried to block out that memory as much as possible, but still, he remembered that day like it was yesterday.

It was a quiet winter night, yesterday's snow was already starting to melt and became a muddy slush in the village. Remus got to bed earlier than usual due to all the tiring running and ice-skating he had done during the day with his friends. The Lupin house was silent but much less peaceful. Lyall Lupin, who shortly after he got home from work, was possessed by an unsettling feeling of jitteriness. He had a long, stressful day, as it was all days lately in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. But that day was especially bad. The trial took place in the early afternoon, which went horribly after they instantly pronounced the verdict in the case of Fenrir Greyback. The lack of evidence led the Ministry to believe that Greyback was in fact not a werewolf, but an innocent Muggle, who had never heard of the wizarding world at all.

Lyall, who generally had a calm and collected nature, was furious. He was smart, smarter than most members of the committee and he read people easily, noticing the tiniest signs of lying. Greyback's uncomfortable shifting in his seat, his lack of ability to look anyone in the eye caught his attention. While Fenrir fed all his lies in a silver plate, he seemingly needed to hold back a grin, which hid in the corner of his mouth.