𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Fugly Bastard

Start from the beginning

He turns and looks at them. "What is that — some kind of joke?" He pulls off his sunglasses to reveal he's blind.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry." Dean says.

"You think I wouldn't give my eyeteeth to see Mr Cooper or a sunset or anything at all?" He asks.

Behind Dean, Sam stands covering his mouth trying not to laugh. Dean looks at him. "Mind backing me up here?"

"Not really." Sam mumbles under his hand.

"Hey, Barry. Is there a problem?" A very short man enters the tent.

"Yeah, this guy hates blind people." Barry says.

Dean looks at Barry and chuckles. "No, I don't."

"Hey, buddy. What's your problem, huh?" He asks.

"Nothing. It's just a little misunderstanding." Dean says as he desperately tries to defend himself.

"Little? You son of a bitch!" The shorter man says and attacks Dean while Sam laughs.

"No! Wait! Could somebody tell me where Mr Cooper is? Please!"

    Sam and Dean are led into another building. "You boys picked a hell of a time to join up. Take a seat." Dean looks around, spotting clowns left and right, even a chair that was a clown. "We got all kinds of local trouble." Dean takes the regular chair and smirks at Sam, who shifts his jaw and slowly sits down. "What do you mean?"

"A couple of folks got themselves murdered. Cops always seem to start here first. So, you two every work the circuit before?" Mr Cooper asks.

"Uh, yes, sir. Last year through Texas and Arkansas." Sam lies.

"Doing what? Ride Jockeys? Pull shoot? A-and-S man?" Mr Cooper cocks an eyebrow.

"Little bit of everything, I guess." Sam says.

"You two have never worked a show in your lives before have you?" Mr Cooper tilts his head.

"Nope." Says Dean.

"But we really need the work. And Sam here's got a thing for the bearded lady." Dean laughs.

"You see that picture?" Mr Cooper points the picture frame hanging above his head. "That's my daddy."

"You look just like him." Sam says.

"He was in the business — ran a freak show till they outlawed them most places. Apparently, displaying the deformed isn't dignified. So, most of the performers went from honest work to rotting in hospitals and asylums. That's progress, I guess. You see, this place is a refuge for outcasts. Always has been, for folks that didn't fit in nowhere else. But you two . . . should go to school, find a couple of girls, have two point five kids. Live regular." Mr Cooper says.

Sam leans toward him. "Sir . . . we don't wanna go to school. And we don't want regular. We want this."

    Dean hums as he and Sam exit the building. "What?" Asks Sam.