2 Years later

Hazel walked into the kitchen grabbing a green apple, kale, banana, strawberries and non dairy yogurt to make a smoothie.
"Breakfast?", Keyna came into the kitchen. Hazel look over lightly rolled her eyes and continued putting everything into the blender.
"Part of it Keyna", Hazel was still annoyed at the argument she Adam and Keyna had the night before. Hazel knew for sure Adam was talking to another woman saying he was out with his cousin and it wasn't Keyna. Keyna blindly following her cousin just because she couldn't believe it he would ever do anything like that to sweet Hazel.
"Look Hazel I didn't mean to hurt you by taking up for Adam", she sat at the island in the in the kitchen, "I just don't think he would do that to you" she leaned in looking at Hazel cut green peppers. "He could have been with MiKela she is in town for the week", she remembered their cousin MiKela was in city visiting her aunt and grandma. "Did the girl have an annoyingly squeaky voice and laugh", Hazel cracked up nodding her head.
"Ugh she laughed after every sentence", Hazel laughed. "He didn't say anybody was visiting", she put the green peppers, diced onions, minced garlic, dice tomatoes and host of seasoning into her egg batter, mixing it in before adding it into her buttered pan. "He just been really secretive and distracted lately.. It might just be in my head", Hazel put turkey patties into a pan.
"Girl Adam loves you but he is a man so not the brightest", they both shared a laugh, "he may be going through something and doesn't know how to express it yet", Keyna stood up to get some cups for the table.
"Keyna I hear what you saying but me and Adam share everything. That's not anything he hasn't told me so being like this for the past week is very disheartening. I'm cautious and I have the right to be. At this point I need you to stop defending him and let's just stop talking about it!", Hazel slammed the plates down in frustration. The kitchen was quiet for about 5 minutes just the sounds of butter sizzling in the pan. Serenity ran into the kitchen yelling "Gooooomorinnnnn!", as slammed into Keyna leg hugging it tight smiling.
"Good morning beautiful" Keyna kissed Serenity head as she released her leg to run over to Hazel. Hazel felt Serenity wrap her arms around the back of her legs and instantly smiled.
Hazel turned around bending down cupping Serenity's chubby cheeks into her hand, "Good morning the prettiest princess in the whole world. Do you want pancakes or waffles?". Serenity put on the most serious face a 3 year old could do as if she was making a life decision smiled and said, " I want waffies", Hazel laughed, "Waffies it shall be", passing Serenity a grape before she skipped into the livingroom. Both Hazel and Keyna smiled watching Serenity.
"She is such a happy and beautiful baby", Hazel said with so much love in her heart.
"Thank you. Every day I wake up and see that face I know that I am blessed", Key smiled looking over at Hazel pouring the batter into the waffle iron. "Thank you for being auntie to her she really loves you and looks forward to sleepovers with you and her big cousin. She'll talk about it for days".
"Girl they both be putting me to sleep", both ladies started laughing, "AJ decided he wanted to be a big man because he's 5 now and went to start his own bubble bath", Hazel was cracking up at this point and couldn't finish the story, " he dumped the whole bottle of bubble soap into the tub.. I just so happen to hear water running walked into the hallway and just like you see in the movies bubbles coming out of bathroom into the hallway. I scream he come running out the bathroom in his little underwear bubbles all on his head looking scared", Hazel places the plate of waffles on the table walking back to the stove, " Reni runs out the room sees the bubbles screeches with so much excitement and runs into them.. I didn't know what to do so I let them play in them as turn water off. The amount mopping I had to after," they both are laughing putting the rest of the food on the table, "After bathing them both and drying the floors I was done for the night. I was sleep before they were", Hazel shook her head.
"I know the struggle because Reni likes to open drawers and climb into the refrigerator", Key says frustrated, "girl she climbed into the refrigerator and knocked my very expensive very delicious New York cheesecake down". Key went to get Reni from the living room as AJ was out with his dad. After eating and talking for a little longer Keyna helped Hazel with cleaning up and they said their goodbyes.

4 hours later
" I haven't from this man all day like What im the actual fuck is going on?!", Hazel thought out loud as she checked her phone. "You know what let me just go to the mall or something I need to get out of this house before I fuck some shit up", she walked into her going straight for her closet. 45 minutes later she checking her hair and outfit in the mirror. She went comfortable because her mood was anger. Wearing a grey oversized long sleeve crop top with a middle finger in the center, black and grey leggings and grey Nike running shoes. Keeping her in its natural curly fro she sprayed some water into it added a little oil and mousse to define the curls more. Put her glasses on and lip glosses grabbed her keys tablet and earphones being sure to leave her phone on the table.
Hazel walked into Southland Shopping Center not really rushing into any store as she looked down at her tablet to search her playlist. Finally getting getting to song that matched her mood she continued walking around.

You be tripping on the time we don't spend
I pull up and gotta slid once again
You signed up said you ride til the end
But you don't want to be alone
If something on yo mind let me in
I be hoping that the vibe never ends
I just hope you know that I understand
That you don't want to be alone
Hazel was singing the song when she seen someone familiar. Shawn? She hasn't seen him in 2 years it's like he disappeared not even Mrs. Michaels heard from him. She didn't know rather to walk to him or keep it moving. He looks happy she decided to keep it moving listening to Nipsey Hussle-Blue Laces. She stopped in Shoe Carnival noticing some all yellow filas she wanted. She looked for her size finding the shoe at the very bottom. When stood all the way up her body froze. There he was again but this time in the same store as her she couldn't really avoid bumping into him. She had mixed feelings if they were to speak to each other. She quickly went into a different aisle hoping he would just leave but she heard his as he was on the phone walking closer. The closer he got the more her heart beated out her chest.
"Yeah alright I'm on my way", Shawn said annoyed at whoever was on the other end. Just as he turned to walk out the door he had feeling what the fuck he thought shaking it off and walking toward the door.
Hazel breathe a sigh of relief as continued shopping grabbing two pair of Nike slides in nude and grey. Taking her items to register she thought about going to Spencers. Paying for her items she decided to do just that. Walking back to her car starting to feel a little better she smiled a little.
"Hazel?!", she froze in mid step. " Yo that's really you?!", Hazel turned around and instantly screwed her up.
"Mike", she rolled her eyes and turned to continue to her car.
"You still don't like me?", Mike was sincerely asking. He understood but he feels like it's been 6 years for him since high school and he grew up.
"Nope", Hazel popped the 'pe'.
" I can understand but I apologize for real I was ignorant ass kid. You didn't deserve more than half the harassment and teasing we did to you".
"Look! I don't want don't need didn't ask for your apologies. You're holding me up from enjoying my day please walk away from me", Hazel was just over men. Always apologizing but never thinking of person before the actions.
"Oh ok have a good day", Mike was a little shocked and just watched a little bit before heading in the direction of his car. "Yo Shawn I just seen Hazel", Mike said getting into the drivers seat.
"Forreal where?", Shawn scanned the parking lot.
As Mike was pulling out of the parking lot Shawn seen her closing the trunk of her car. Hair still red as blood in a pretty Afro she looked to him. "Seen her walking in the parking lot don't know the direction she went in after she told me off", Mike laughed and Shawn shook his head yeah that's Hazel he thought as they got on the freeway.