Chapter 8

>>>Shawn<<<

Shawn there is nothing to discuss. We can't be. We are just too different and going different ways. So just leave it alone please?" She touched my chest and walked out the door. I just stood. Why the fuck we can't?! What she mean we too different?! Hell naw we will talk about this! I slammed the door and let out an aggravated sigh. I went to my room and plugged my phone, just as I was about to fall asleep I heard my phone vibrate.

"What's up?", I said.

"How did it go", Mike asked.

"Bro she blew me off talking about we too different and shit!", I said getting mad all over.

"I mean I'm being honest bro so don't get mad. But y'all are. You're the most wanted nigga in school. Football scholarship and pros are looking at. And she just a girl everybody picks on even I did sometimes. She is a junior and you are senior. She not in the same category as us. She is a nobody and you are popular." Mike said.

"Nigga have you lost yo mind! She is everything to me. Nigga this shit go back to 7th and 8th grade! You of all people should know how long I been wanting her. How many attempts I've made! And you say shit like this?! Naw bro that foul and I'm ending this conversation just like this my nigga. Thanks for your honesty.", I hung up rolled over and took my ass to sleep. People are beyond shallow now and days.

Friday

I ain't spoke to Hazel in two days she comes over cook clean and leaves. She ignores me in school but I'm letting all that shit fly over my head because my birthday is in a week I got a lot of planning to do.
Bang Bang

"Who is it?!", I yelled out.

"Hazel!", she said.

I opened the door and she looked around to see what needed to be down.

"I already cleaned up and took dinner out so all you have to do is cook", I said and she nodded. She went upstairs to check on my father and then came downstairs to the kitchen. I watched her put her hair into a bun, wash her hands and put an apron on.

"So you want fried chicken,Mac-n-cheese, and corn on the cob?", she asked while flouring the chicken. I just nodded and watched her season the meat. She looked so cute with flour on her nose I was just mesmerized.

"So my birthday is next Friday and I'm having a party. So do you wanna come?", I was a just a little nervous about her answer.

"I never been to a party. Um sure I'll go", she said and I fist pumped got up and hugged her.

"Dope, so it's a black and white party but you can wear what you want", she nodded and took the mac-n-cheese out the oven. After boiling the corn she started putting butter on them and wrapping them in aluminum foil putting them in the oven.

"Well it was nice working for you Mr. Michaels. Today will be my official last day.", I heard Hazel say as she helped him get dressed for bed.

"Ms. Hazel you are truly a wonder and beautiful young lady. I appreciate all of your help. And I know somebody at home is hurting physically and mentally.", my dad said.

"How do you know this?", she asked and I got mad that she confirmed it. I mean I know she told me about her fight with her mom but I thought every female gets into it with their mom's.

"I was a psychologist and a mentor. I know a battered woman when I see one. You are strong but I can see you breaking slowly. So I tell you what. Let me help you. Tell me what's up." He sat on the bed and she dropped to her knees.

"I get beaten almost every night. I'm afraid that one day I'll be dead. I think that my step dad wants to have sex with me because my mom came fight talking about he calls my name when they have sex. I'm scared Mr. Michaels that I will get raped beaten then killed", I heard her cry so I went in and hugged her. I looked at my dad and he nodded mouthing "help her"......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Man it's my muthafuckin birthday. Ya man is 18! I walked in the school in my first outfit looking good and smelling better fresh haircut. I looked to see if I could spot Hazel and there she was holding a huge card. She looked beautiful in an all black Bodysuit with a black and white jacket and black & white heels.

"Hey beautiful" I gave her a hug.

"Happy birthday old man! Everybody signed this card for you." She said handing me the card. I read a couple then grabbed Hazel hand and we walked to my car. "What's up?"

"I brought use breakfast and I just wanna spend time with you ma." I said handing her a Danish and she smiled at me. "Really a Danish makes you happy?", I asked laughing.

"Yes but if you wanna win my heart butterfingers are the way to go",she giggled. We sat on a bench outside just eating and making eachother.

The bell rang and we walked arm and arm to homeroom. Today is starting off really great.

My party!!!

Surprise!!!! Everybody screamed out the party was packed.

I sat on the thrown my mom had bought for me and just watched everybody have fun. As I was nodding to the music I just heard someone clear their throat. I looked from the ground up. White with red studded heeled boots, white patent leather leggings a white high/low shirt, red lips, hazel eyes and straight long hair. Damn!
"You see something you like?", Hazel said smiling. I got up and hugged her.

"Ma you look wow! Turn around for me" ass she turns around I just stare at that ass. MAAAAAAAAAAAAN it look so perfect!

"You staring to hard...." she said laughing and I just smiled. "Happy birthday", she handed me a box and I immediately opened it. A white Rolex, a swag shirt, Nike slip ons, and some red basketball shorts. Of course I'm super happy but then she gave me a gold football signed by three of my favorite football players and I just fell in love. I just got up and kissed her. I felt my heart quicken and like a wave of electricity flow through me. She pushed me, "what are you doing?!", pushed my lips on hers again she pushed again and walked away... I followed her out. "Why would you do that?!" She was whispering yet yelling.

"Hazel don't tell you didn't feel what I felt" she looked down and that let me know she did. "Hazel just give me a chance" she shook her head No. "Hazel you are perfect for me please?!" I was begging and didn't care because I knew this is where my heart wanted to be. Instead of waiting for her to answer I just kissed her my tongue asking for entrance and she opened.......

"Shawn I can't. I'm gonna just go..." she walked over to her car. I just decided to let her go because I knew one day she'd be mine and not to pressure it.

I went back in and celebrated with Hazel heavy on my mind......