Chapter XII (A Wake-Up Call 1/2)

"Sonic?"

"Shadow?"

POV: Author

The two look at each other in disbelief. They knew each other from middle school, being in the same classes and school.

Sonic was always more am the talkative side. While having many friends, I took him some time to make new new ones. He was always picked on and called annoying by Shadow and his friends, Shadow being the most prevalent.

Shadow was more on the edgy side of things. He was known throughout the school as a person not to mess with, except for Sonic. He would always ask to race him. It was nice for sonic to have a equal for his sonic speed. Sonic would usually bother Shadow a lot, mostly because nothing ever happened to him.

"I-I remember you..." Sonic said to the other. They both were at a loss of words, until Shadow spoke up. "Y-You were the one who kept asking me to race him. You were my... "rival" or how some people would put it." He looked around the room and tried his best to not make eye contact with the blue hedgehog. They both were embarrassed to some degree about how they didn't realize they knew each other still.

"What happened to you? All I remember is someone told me that you just got taken out of the school, then I never saw you again." He questioned. The last time he'd seen the azure one was during one of the football games. It was around mid to late winter. He was out with all of his friends, enjoying himself.

"The fights were getting more intense with Robotnik, and I started needing more and more time to recover." He explained. "I decided to have my Uncle Chuck homeschool
me from there on. One he was roboticized and I re-met my siblings, I just stopped school entirely." He stopped and let Shadow have some time to think. He basically just told a major part of his life, not with much detail, but it still bothered him. All of those times that he'd almost die and had to be nursed back to health for weeks upon weeks.

"Look, I'm sorry for how I treated you back then. You were different; so much so that I didn't even recognize you." Shadow smiled slightly and said.

"Thanks, and you are too. I like this version of two you the most." He said as he smiled warmly.

"I like this version of you too."

They both smiled. Not that well seen, but Sonic had a very light blush on his face, Shadow somewhat too.

The two talked and ate while they were starting to know each other better. Little did they know, they started to form a somewhat affection for each other.

Later

After they finished eating, they went and sat on the couch.
Sonic grabbed the remote and began looking around for something to watch.

"Hey Sonic?" Shadow said out of the blue. Sonic looked over at the hedgehog sitting next to him.

"Yea?"

"Have you ever thought of getting a girlfriend?" Sonic thought on his best way to answer that question. He didn't understand why he asked that question because at the castle he clearly established that he was gay.

The other problem was, since gays were not really accepted around, he didn't want Shadow to hate him. "Not really. Like I said at the castle, I'm more into guys."

There was silence in the room for a little while. "I-Is that a problem." He asked, still eating for a response from Shadow.

"No it's really not. I feel like people should not be judged for what gender they prefer. I for one, don't care. I like boys and girls." Sonic was sup tied at the answer and nodded while smiling warmly.

"That's good to hear. I'm happy to find someone with the same viewpoints as I do..." Sonic stated. He smiled at Shadow, which got a smirk back in return.

"Well in that case," Shadow got closer to Sonic, almost so that their noses were touching. Sonic couldn't help but blush at how close he and shadow were.

"Do you wanna try being with me?"
_____________________________________
Sorry this chapter took so long. This chapter was supposed to be a lot longer, so I decided to make it 2 separate chapters.

Thanks for readying and feel free to vote and leave a comment. C-ya 👍