Chapter VI (Semi-Depression)

POV: Author

"So, why did you call me here? How's mom?" The azure one panicked. He looked over Sonia's shoulder to look at his mother. He didn't see anything wrong. She looked perfectly normal.

"She's fine, for now." The pink one uttered. "The doctor said that there is a good chance that she will not make it. Also you're the only one with the same blood type as hers, and they need to do a transfusion..." she went on about the procedures and such. Sonic just stood there and listened.

"I-I will do as much as I can..." He said as he walked out of the room. Tails stayed in there asking the azure hedgehog's siblings about the whole ordeal.

After a few minutes, he walked out of the room and into the hallway. He saw sonic sitting on a bench about 15 feet away from the door and sat down next to him. "Sonic, are you alright?" He asked with worry in his eyes.

"I...I'm fine buddy. It's just that I always think it's my fault that all of this had happened. If I was a little bit quicker, then-" The fox stopped him.

"They told me what happened. You did you're best, and that's all that matters. If it wasn't for you, you're brother and sister might not be here. You're a hero Sonic." Tails assured him. Sonic gave a small smile and hugged him. "Thanks lil bro, you're the best."

"Anytime." He laughed.

Sonic acted as If everything was alright, this was mostly because he didn't want to worry anyone. Inside he was a mess, he didn't know what to do. He felt as if he had failed the ones he loved. And no matter how he saw it, there was always a small part in him that knew it was his fault.

And not just that, he didn't want his siblings to go through all of this as well. He had to be the strong one to help keep them strong, but that takes a toll on him. For one, he wished that he could just sit there and cry, but he knew that couldn't happen.

Later

POV: Sonic

We had gotten back from the hospital about an hour ago, and it's already night. Tails is fast asleep in his bed and I can't sleep. I sat there on the couch and scrolled through the television. I couldn't find anything to watch, so I just gave up and sat in the dark living room.

I thought to myself, I couldn't get out of my mind. I need to go out. Just for a bit, not too long. Maybe go for a walk or something. I looked up at the clock. 12:47. I just hope Tails wakes up and sees that I'm gone. I grab a piece of paper and go into the kitchen to grab a pen.

I write on the paper,

Tails, if your reading this, I've just went out for a little bit. I just needed to clear my mind. I will be back before morning.

You're friend,

Sonic

I go and put the note on my door in case he wakes up and go to the door. I feel the cold humid are hit my fur which causes me to shiver. I walk out.

_____________________________________

Thanks for reading and please vote and leave a comment if you want...

Oh, and guess who's in the next chapter? Hehe...