chapter 18

y/n pov:

after a long day of sitting in one spot school finally ended. i was doing math homework when my aunt brought me a bowl of fruits and kissing my head. "i need to go to work and i think i'm gonna stay at work over night so don't worry about dinner, love you!" she put on her heels. "love you too" i smiled and watched her close the door and drive away. i sighed and went back to figuring out this equation when a knock on the door interrupted me. i groaned and dragged myself to the door. i opened the door to reveal a tired johnny. "awee" i opened my arms which he gladly leaned in.

"how was school?" he yawned before shrugging. "how's twobit?" i asked and locked the door behind us. "very energetic" i laughed and pulled away. "i'm doing homework right now but you can uh.." i looked at the couch. "take a nap while i try to finish my homework?" he nodded before kissing my cheek and walking to the couch and taking his jean jacket off of him. i sat back down on my chair and continued doing homework.

ponyboy pov: (ugh finally this bitch-)

i watched from the corner of the street as johnny leaned into y/n while she smiles. she never smiled like that to me. i held onto my school bag tighter and walked home. i dragged my feet on the concrete till i was home. i walked inside and slumped down on the couch. "what's wrong with you?" dally asked from the kitchen chugging down a beer. "nothing.." he threw the beer in the garbage and sat down in darrys chair. "it's y/n isn't it? i heard you and redhead cherry broke it off" he chuckled. i just shrugged it off too tired to argue back.

"whatever i'm out." he took out a cigarette and before leaving he looked at me. "where's johnny?" he asked as he lit the cigarette. "at y/n's" i mumbled before walking to my room and shutting the door. i sat down on my desk and took out my homework. "i fucked up.." i mumbled before shedding a few tears and burying my face in my hands remembering all the memories i've had with y/n that flashed by my mind. "i miss you so much.." i cried out. i laid my head down on my arm that was on the desk and slowly went to sleep thinking of y/n.

y/n pov:

i finished my homework a few minutes ago and here i was now playing with johnnys hair while the sunset glowed the living room while he slept in my chest with the music in the background. i hummed with the music before a knock on the door interrupted the perfect moment. i groaned and skipped out of johnnys grasp to open the door. i saw dally standing in front of me with his hands in his pockets. "hey dally" i smiled and moved over so he can come in. "hey kid, i heard johnny was here and i just came to hang out with the both of you." i nodded before closing the door behind him.

dally looked at johnny that was still sleeping on the couch. "i'm guessing he slept over night yesterday"
i nodded and sat at the table which dally followed my actions. "pony misses you" he laughed. i frowned and looked at johnny. "he lost me.. i'm with johnny now" dally choked on air and looked at me. "you guys are dating? since when, why wasn't i informed!" i covered his mouth. "be quiet would ya? johnny is sleeping and yes we are dating we didn't tell anyone because we started dating last night.." he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arm having a small smile. "i'm happy for y'all."

i smiled before frowning. "the reason cherry and pony broke up because cherry came over to my house crying and telling me how pony would talk about me and look at me whenever i walk pass and she's asking me to talk to him." i told him. he looked at me then johnny. "doesn't johnny know all of this?" "obviously he was here with me" he nodded before asking "are you gonna talk to him?" i shrugged. "i guess i mean i don't like it when anyone is sad and i know he's sad right now so i might as well hear him out"

"even after everything he did to you? after what he said that literally changed everything in the gang?" "what do you mean changed everything?" i asked worriedly. "well i guess everything is fine now but ever since he said those words to you the gang hasn't been the same, it's been quieter without your life and no one really talks to each other they just do their own things or play cards, no one really talked to pint since cherry was always over." i sighed and dragged my hands down my face with a groan. "well i'm back to talking everyone in the gang now except pony right?"

he nodded, "yeah, don't ever leave us again you shithead" "what did you-" i was cut off when johnny sat up. "hey dal" he said in his sleepy voice that made my heart melt. "hey johnnycakes how's your nap" he joked. "good.." johnny replied before getting up and sitting next to me. "what are y'all talking about?" he asked. i shrugged and told him we were talking about ponyboy. "i don't mind if you talk to him i just wanna know when and what happens" dally agreed. "yeah yeah you needy heads obviously i'll tell you what happens." i giggled.

"ponyboy looked shitty today when he walked in the house and looked like he was gonna cry" dally said. "he'll be happy or feel better when i talk to him it doesn't matter.." "after everything?" johnny said.

"after everything.."

word count: 1001