chapter 16

y/n pov:

"what're you doing here cherry?" i asked. she sighs before looking at me. "can i come in?" i looked at johnny who nodded his head. i nodded my head and moved over for her to come in. "thank you.." she took her heels off and sat on the couch. "you have a nice house for yknow.." i closed the door behind me and sat across next to her leaving a little space between us. "being a greaser?" i finished her sentence. she nodded and held her hand bang. "what do you wanna talk about?" she turned to be and held my hands. johnny and i looked at each other as cherry started to break down. "c-cherry?"

"johnny get some tissues" i asked him. he nodded before going upstairs. "cherry whats wrong?" i asked. "it's about ponyboy.." my eyes widened a little before bringing her face to look at me. "what about ponyboy.." she leaned in my hand and wiped her tears with her hand. "he loves you.. not me" she mumbled the last part. johnny came back and handed cherry some tissues which she gladly took them. "even though i love him my heart belongs to bob and trust me i know how you both feel about bob but behind walls he's a genuine person.. i promise" she cried and wiped her tears with the tissues.

"how do you know pony loves me?" i asked. she took a deep breath. "he looks at you the way he never looks at me when you walk by, he still talks about you and once said your name by accident when he called me and soda told me he's been crying for you.." i looked at johnny who frowned. "so please talk to him! i don't wanna see him like this and it breaks my heart but we both know i'm not his.. he's yours" she cried. "i don't understand.." she stood up and straighten her skirt. "please i know we aren't the best right now but i'm begging you to talk to him and give him a chance"

she looked at johnny then me. "thank you for letting me in and talk to you.." she put on her heels and walked out the door. i looked at johnny with a speechless face. "are you gonna talk to him?" johnny mumbled. "cherry said-" "NO!" johnny raised his voice and looked at me. "he doesn't deserve you!" he sighed. "i do.." "johnny.." i walked over and stood in front of him. "i like you." i was taken back from what he said. "what?"

word count: 453

this was kinda short and rushed i'm sorry- BUT I BET YOU DIDNT EXPECT TO SEE CHERRY