chapter 8

darry pov:
everyone was now in the living room except y/n since she was in my room sleeping peacefully. the gang was watching tv while i was reading the newspaper in my chair when the door slowly swung open. we all looked up to see it was ponyboy. "where were you?" i asked sternly. "the diner with cherry" he just shrugged and walked to his room. he stopped half way and looked at us. "where is y/n?" "sleeping in my room" i said looking back at the newspaper. he nodded and walked inside his room. "who knew high school would cause their friendship to end like this" soda said. "hey two, wanna head to bucks?" dally slowly got up. "party man!" two cheered and both they went to bucks. "who's gonna stay with y/n?" i asked. "dibs on the floor!" steve laid down on the floor. "i'm sleeping in my room." soda got up and walked to his room. "i'm taking the couch." i said. johnny nodded and walked over to my room before shutting the door.

pony's pov:
i sat in my chair just thinking of cherry but then my mind came across y/n. i was frustrated. "i'm so stupid!" i dragged my hands down my face. soda walked in the room and looked at me. "what's gotten into your head?" he gently smacked the back of my head. "what!" i rubbed the spot he slapped. "the last week of summer you decided to go on a road trip with just cherry valance? leaving y/n alone."he scoffed. "i like her, actually, i love her!" i corrected myself. soda looked at me with no emotions. "then tell that to y/n not me" he got in bed and turned off the lamp. i sighed and got in bed.

- the next morning -

johnnys pov:
i woke up to the light outside coming from the window. i remember i was in darrys room to sleep with y/n to look after her. i looked over at her to see her snuggled up in my chest. it was monday and i lightly shook her so we could go to school. "y/n" she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. "johnny?" i nodded, "we gotta go to school come on." i sat up and stretched. she did the same and we both walked out. "hey kids" darry said. i smiled to see y/n smiling. "hi superman!" she ran over to him to give him a hug. "you gonna be okay to go to school?" she nodded. "your aunt left some clothes for you and i put it on the counter of the bathroom." she nodded and looked at me. "you can go first" i said. she smiled and walked in the bathroom.

y/n pov:
i brushed my teeth and used the bathroom for my morning pee. i then brushed my hair and i left it down today. i looked over at the clothes my aunt brought me and it was black rip jeans only on the knees and a white long sleeve shirt with one of my aunts cropped shirts she had when she was my age.

 i looked over at the clothes my aunt brought me and it was black rip jeans only on the knees and a white long sleeve shirt with one of my aunts cropped shirts she had when she was my age

i put the outfit together and walked out of the bathroom. johnny rushed in the bathroom which caused me to laugh. i walked in the kitchen and grabbed a buttered toast from steve hand and took a bite out of it before giving it back. he gasped, "what was that for!" i laughed and ran to the living room. steve picked me up and crashed both of us on the couch. he tickled me like there was no tomorrow. "say it!" he laughed. "u-uncle!!" i screamed. he let go of me but soon regretted when i had him in a head lock. soda and two was in the living room cheering and betting. darry laughed at steve at the position he was in. johnny walked out of the bathroom and flopped in the couch. "i don't wanna go to school" "tap out steve!" i yelled. "NEVER!" he flipped us over so i was beneath him. he held my hands on both side of my head. "you gotta get better at this-" the door opened to show cherry valance. steve let go of me and sat up next to me. "hello lovelies!" she greeted us with a kiss on our cheeks except mine. i looked at steve and wiped her kiss off his cheek. "don't wanna get the cooties" he laughed and playfully pinned me back down. "hey i said uncle!" we went back to play fighting. "is pony here?" cherry asked darry. "in his room" she nodded. "steve we gotta work!" soda pulled him off me. "thank you!" i took a deep breath. he nudged my shoulder before walking out the door with soda. "when are we going to school?" i asked brushing my hair with my fingers. "in about 20 minutes" two said while watching tv with johnny. i nodded and joined in. darry said goodbye and left the house for work. i couldn't help but not ignore the laughs from their room. "someone shut them up." two said. johnny and i both laughed at his comment. "chocolate milk anyone?" i offered. "me!" two yelled. "you are so childish" i giggled. johnny and i walked to the kitchen to grab three glasses. cherry and pony finally walked out of the room and went in the kitchen. cherry sat down on the counter while pony was making cereal. johnny and i laughed at each other. "what's so funny?" cherry crossed her arms. "none of your business." i replied while handing johnny two glasses of milk. "well just so you know.." she hopped off the counter and walked over to me. i looked over at pony to see he had no emotions. "you have no chances with pony since we're dating now and whatever you do will just make you more of a mistake then you are" she flipped her red hair and walked over to pony and purposely kissing him of front of me deepening it every second. i placed my chocolate milk on the counter and walked over to our bags. i threw johnny and two theirs and grabbed them by their collars. "we're going to school early" i gently pushed them out of the house and slammed the door behind me.

word count: 1070