S

The next day, both you and Souji woke up earlier and went for a jog. You both stopped and sat on a bench, breathing heavily. 

Souji noticed that you look a little tired, "Are you okay?" he asked. 

"I would be fine if you didn't drag me up and asked to me jog with you." You stated back, still mad at him for pulling you up against your will. 

Souji chuckled seeing how cute you are. You glared at him and turned away. 

"Sorry sorry...I'll stop. How about I make it up to you with some ice cream?" Souji pointed to the ice cream nearby. 

"Ice cream for breakfast?" you raised your eyebrows. 

"Don't act all healthy with me. I know deep down you're wanting it." Souji teased, pinching your nose before running towards the ice cream truck. 

"Aishh..." you rubbed your nose after he released it. Your eyes wander off, following Souji. 

You formed a small smile. But deep inside, you are feeling guilty for hiding the reasons that you came back. A sudden phone call interrupted your thought. You picked it up. 

"Hello?" you asked. 

"Where's the money?" the voice hissed. Your eyes widened realized who it was. 

"I'm getting it. Didn't you say I have 3 more days?" you retorted back. 

"Watch your tone, young lady. You know what the price if you don't return our money." the voice stated. 

"It wasn't me who borrowed it." You angrily shouted back. 

"But wasn't it your...So too bad you have to pay it back." the voice snickered, "Oh...but there's another way---you can always---"

"Never. I don't need those dirty ways to pay it back. I'll send your stupid money soon." You declared and hung up. 

You breathed in and out to calm yourself. 

"N/N, are you okay?" Souji asked seeing your expression. You looked up, surprised and worried that he overheard your conservation. 

"Souji, you're back." you said. Souji raised his eyebrow, It must be from them. She would usually call me Sou-chan when I call her N/N. 

"Yeah. Here's your breakfast, your highness." he pretended to bow like a butler. You chuckled at his action and grabbed the ice cream. 

"Arigato." you softly stated and licked the ice cream. 

"So why were you so mad? Was I taking too long?" he asked. You shook your head. 

"It's nothing..." you lied. Souji sighed which caught your attention. 

"It's nothing really, Sou-chan. You don't have to worry." You try to smile so he won't be a worry. However, Souji knows you too well, he still tries to smile back though so you wouldn't feel anxious. 

"Okay." Souji said. 

Silence embraced between you two as both are finishing up the ice cream. 

"What do you want to do today?" Souji asked. 

"Umm...I promised someone I'll meet with them today. So yeh---" you said. 

"Someone? Who's that?" Souji asked. 

"Umm...an old friend---" you lied. 

"Old friend? I thought I was the only one." Souji pretended to frown. 

"You're my best friend." you corrected his words and laughed. Souji laughed along.

"But can I come with you? I wanna meet that person." Souji asked. You paused, thinking of a way to reject him. 

"Umm---you see....this old friend of mine has a phobia for meeting stranger---" you made it up, in your mind you're face palming, Great going Y/N. Now he'll be more supscious.

Souji looked at you for a second before nodded. 

"I promise to hang out with you tonight though--" If I could make it... you said. 

Souji nodded and smiled, "Okay then! Let's get back on our track. 5 more miles to go." he stated.

"Nooo..." you let out a sigh. 

"C'mon, you can do it." He dragged you up and you both continue pacing. 

 I gotta follow her later. It's all he can think in his mind. 

It's better for him not to involve. You stated in your mind and continue jogging. 

TBC....

Sorry for the long wait...

But here's the latest chapter!!! 

I hope you guys like it. And Thank you all for your patience. 

Til' next time 

Adieu~~~