D

Rin was forced to leave afterward. She hated it but it was Souji's father's request. Souji's father never really liked Rin in the first place and he definitely trusted you and Souji. 

After washing the dishes, Souji went to take a shower first. While you sat on the porch, looking up at the moon. You heavily sighed. 

"How am I going to tell him," you murmured, your mind drifted back to Souji's question about your life in (a country). 

You began to sing,

" Holy holy night, Holy holy light

Sora no ai wa

Kimi dake wo shinji

Inoru koto tada inoru koto

Soshite kimi wa umareta

Tooku hoshi wa matataku

Hikari no yukue ni

Shirube wo motomete

Holy holy night, Holy holy light

Sora no negai

Kimi dake wo mitsume

Mamoru koto tada mamoru koto"

"Lovely voice as usual." a voice startled you. You stopped singing and looked up. Seeing Souji with his wet hair, in a T-shirt and shorts walking up and sitting next to you. You slightly blushed. 

"Did you heard everything?" you asked. Souji nodded and smiled. Your face became redder. Souji chuckled at your embarrassed face. 

"I remember that tune! You always sing it when you are worried about something," he stated. 

You stayed silent. 

"Were you thinking about what Rin said earlier?" Souji asked with concern. You looked up surprised.  It's not that you aren't bothered with what Rin said but you never think he would ask you about it. 

"Eh? N-not really," you said, avoiding eye contact with him. 

"She is just Rin. Don't let what she stated to get to you. You are my best friend." Souji stated. You finally looked up at him, straight in his eyes. 

Y/N's POV

So, I'm just his best friend. Stupid me. Of course. Why would I ever think that he might have a thing for me? I scolded to myself. 

"Y/N" he called me. I snapped out of my thought. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. I shrugged. 

"So, can you tell me how were you doing in (a country) ?" he hinted. I looked at him. Gulped.

I quickly looked away, glancing up at the moon.

Souji's POV

She's trying to avoid it again. Was it that bad for her to tell me? Did something happen? Tons of questions filled in my head. 

"It---was good." she finally stated. I eyed her carefully. 

"I mean....I was busy with schools and experiencing different part-time jobs. Of course, I still spend time practicing my sword skills." she stated. I smiled a bit. 

"I graduated earlier than any of my classmates. And I was hired to work for a well-known company there." she paused. 

I could see that she was uncertain to continue. 

"Did you make any friends?" I asked. I could see her tense up. 

"O--of course, I did," she stated. But I knew she was lying. I know her for so long. 

Normal POV 

Before Souji could continue asking you. You immediately stand up and pretended to yawn. 

"You know what...it's getting late. I'm gonna go shower and hit the bed. If that's okay with you." you told him. 

Souji nodded, reluctantly let you go. "Sure. Besides, we're meeting my friends tomorrow. Don't worry, Rin won't be there. She actually had to go with her family visiting her grandma tomorrow. They'll be gone for a week or two," 

Souji paused. He wondered to himself why was he telling you this. Seeing his cute confused face, you laughed, before bidding goodnight. 

"Good Night, Sou-chan," you stated. 

"Good Night," he stated back. After you were gone, he sat and stared at the moon for a while. 

"Whatever fear you're holding, I'll wait for you. I'll wait until you are comfortable letting it out. So I could be there, holding you as you let out all your tears." Souji muttered softly, looking at the move. 

"Kimi o dakishime tai kie te shimau mae ni mōichido

Ah doko made mo maiagaru Crystal

Nē nani mo ira nai kara mōsukoshi dake kanjite tai

Can I touch your heart?

Fure taku te mo surinuke te iku

Oh Someday? Someday..."

He sang. The nostalgic melody that you sang to him years ago when he was hiding for you a deep secret. He was asleep back then while you sang him this. Unknown to you, he was awake and smiled at the meaning behind the song. 

Whatever you're hiding from Y/N, I'll help you forget it

was the one goal in his mind before he let darkness drift over him. 

So what do you think? 

I wanted this chapter to focus on more Y/N & Souji. It might be boring to you but I hope it didn't. 

Song Used:

[1] Peace in the Heaven - Mika Kikuchi

[2] Crystal Snow - BTS

Til' next time

Adieu~~~~