Chapter 4: Near Death

Trunks didn't come back, so eventually we went after him. I looked around and saw him.

"MOM?!" I screamed and ran over to Trunks, crying.

"It's okay sweetie. He's alive, barely..."

We took him home and set him up to a bunch of medical equipment.

He was starting to wake up.

"Trunks honey? It's your mommy."

"Mom?! Is it really you?!" Trunks asked.

"Of course it is. Someone had to look after you."

I stayed quiet and listened in.

"You were right mom, as always. The androids are just to strong."

"You're alive, Trunks. You know that's all I care about."

"Yeah. Hey mom, I think I'm ready to try out this time machine, if it's ready."

"You haven't even looked under that blanket to see if you have your arms and legs and yet you wanna go rushing off already?!"

She went over to me and smiled at me before pouring some medicine into a cup.

"Look, you just focus on healing first." She gave Trunks the medicine.

"We can give the antidote to Goku later."

"Okay. Hey, where's Aspen?!" He suddenly exclaimed and I jumped.

"Right here." I walked over to him.

"Are you okay?"

"Am I okay?! I get turned into an android and then I find you almost dead?! And you wanna know if I'm okay?!"

"Well...yeah."

I start laughing,"Well, I'm fine. I am now anyways."

He smiles and I kiss his head.

"Hey. Are you coming with me, to the past?"

"Of course! I wanna meet my dad to, ya know!" I smiled.

"Good. I'd like some company."

He yawned.

"I think your tired." I started to giggle half heartedly.

"Look, I'm gonna go to bed. I'll visit you the second I wake up Trunks."

"Okay. Wait, Aspen! There's something I have to tell you..."

"Is it about Gohan..?" I asked silently.

He nodded,"You know?"

"They came in so proud and bragging about it. That and I figured it was true when he wasn't here when I came..."

"Oh, well I'm sorry I couldn't save him."

"Don't be. You'd have been dead if you were there and you know it. Night." Before he said anything else I walked out silently and went to bed.

I changed into my comfy pajamas and curled into a ball with the covers on me. I literally, cried myself to sleep that night.

__________________________

~Dream Status~

*I walked around town, everything was destroyed. I looked around and saw Gohan lying on the floor in a puddle of water, soaked with water and... Blood.

I walked to him and knelt down, feeling and saying nothing. I stared into his gazed, dead eyes. I shook my head and screamed really loud. Then stopped and crying, I walked on until I saw a horrid sight...

Trunks! He lay sitting against a tree. It was the only form of life in this town. His eyes were open and they stared into mine. He was...dead. Blood. He was surrounded in it just as Gohan.

I shook my head. A dove flew by and fell into my suddenly held out hands. It to, slowly died in my grasp.

"Everyone I love is dying. Goku, Vegeta. Please help me." I mouthed, nothing coming out.

The dove lifted it's head,"We are here. We'll protect you. Just trust us, go to the past."

And with that, it flew off. I looked to the tree. The last life, probably on earth. It caught fire, and disappeared. Trunks with it.

I saw 17 and 18 stating at me, smiling evilly. Then they screamed and disappeared, leaving a bug like monster in front of me.

It blasted through my chest and I flew back. I saw my mom walk to it.

"Don't hurt her!" She yelled. It grabbed her neck and snapped it, killing her.

The world spun around me, until I too was surrounded by blood, destruction, and fire. I was left in a red haze, then I was over come to darkness...*

__________________________

I woke up screaming and crying.

"Aspen?!" My mom ran in and hugged me, stroking my hair.

"It's okay. Just a dream."

"If it was a dream, where's Gohan?!" I suddenly screamed.

I was crying extremely hard.

"Trunks... I want Trunks. Now!"

She nodded and took me to him.

"Aspen, are you okay?" Trunks said, sitting up. He was healing fast, and nicely.

I opened up, sharing every inch of detail. He just stared at me, mouth gaping.

He got up, slowly. Flinching, he walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

"It's okay, Aspen. It's over now."

I shook my head hard.

"No, my nightmare lives on. Look around you. Reality is a nightmare. We need to go to the past. Tomorrow mourning, if you can."

He nodded.

"We will. Promise." He smiled and I just turned and stalked out, crying. I didn't go to bed though. No, I went outside.

I knew it was dangerous, but I didn't care..

Trunk's P.O.V

I looked down. Usually she'd have hugged me. I went back into bed and it wasn't long before my mom came back in, alone, crying.

"Trunks, Aspen's gone."

"Probably just clearing her head. Give her sometime. If she'a not back by mourning, I know where to go and who to ask.."

Aspen came in, soaked head to toe.

"I can't think, can't get free, I'm trapped!! We're going, right here. Right now."

"Well pushy." I got up, ignoring the minor pain, and got dressed into my normal clothes.

A/N: -Screw it. You know what happens now so go to the next part. Be excited Grace. Be very excited. :) Lol.-