Chapter 21

Oh, jealousy, you tripped me up
Jealousy, you brought me down
You bring me sorrow, you cause me pain
Jealousy, when will you let go?
Got a hold of my possessive mind
Turned me into a jealous kind

“Nadine, where are you? I've been waiting here for half an hour and you still haven't shown up,” I tell Nadine through the phone as I stay in front of my apartment, waiting for her to come to get me so we can go to Adelia’s birthday party

It wouldn’t have been a problem if she would have just told me she needs more time to prepare - I would have ordered a cab or found someone who could have got me on their way there, but now I am left here alone, without a ride, and running late.

I need to buy myself a vehicle immediately. I can’t use other people’s cars forever. If I would have been a normal person, I would have saved money so I could buy a car, as fast as possible, even if it wouldn’t have been my favorite one.

Of course, that’s not my case. I have been taking more shifts at the bakery to increase my salary so I can buy what I want faster. Most people would think that buying that is a dumb choice, but at least it will make me happy.

Nadine offered numerous times to lend me some money but I refused instantly. She is a good person and I know she would help me at any hour of the day if I would ask. I can’t bring myself to do it though. I would feel like I am using her and being used is one of the worst feelings. She told me about her old ‘friends’ and how they were some gold-diggers who only wanted to get something from her.

“I’m so so so sorry, Harry. I lost track of time and I completely forgot about you,” Ouch. “I don’t know what happened to my car today. It had just broken down so I took it to the mechanic. Micha-An uber will get me there. Yeah, I will probably call an uber or something. Again, I am very sorry that I left you waiting,” She apologies once again.

“Don’t worry about it, flower. I will call Olympia to see if she can come and take me,” I tell her and check the clock on my phone.

“Oh. Olympia? I can give you money to-

Not again.

“Honey, no. I am fine. I am not poor; I got money. If Olympia is willing to help me-good, if not, I will call an uber and pay it with my own money. I have a job and a wage so you don’t have to stress about it.”

“Okay then. Get there safe. Bye.”

“See you soon. I lov-Bye, ” I say and hang up as soon as I finish my words.

How can I be this stupid? I almost told her that I love her. I can’t even accept the fact that I am in love with Nadine and I don’t want to spill out to her and tell her the fact which may ruin our friendship.

I click on Olympia’s name on my phone and wait a few seconds for her to respond “Hi, Harry! Where are you? The party started 40 minutes ago.”