Chapter 26

I've been thinking about when I was trying to be your friend
I thought it was, then, but it wasn't, it wasn't genuine
I was just so furious, but I couldn't show you, 'cause I know you
And I know what you can do, and I don't want a war with you
I won't afford it, you get sore, even when you win

I've been thinking about when I was trying to be your friendI thought it was, then, but it wasn't, it wasn't genuineI was just so furious, but I couldn't show you, 'cause I know youAnd I know what you can do, and I don't want a war with youI won't...

I fix my sunglasses in the rear-view mirror while waiting for the semaphore to turn green, and I try to enjoy the music which comes from the radio but is disturbed by the noise the city causes, so it’s barely audible.

My mouth feels dry and I take the bottle of water and drink from it, trying to ease my nerves. I am anxious about a shopping spree, stupid I know, but I want everything to go well and to not disappoint Adelia.

Not even a second passes by after the light changes, and the person behind me honks at my car.

"Fuck off." I turn my head around and flip them off, speeding down the road after.

Shit. Calm down, Nadine.

Everything will go just well. Adelia wants me to be friends with Olympia so I'm going to like Olympia.

This is going to be hard.

I spot Olympia sitting on a bench, and I park my car next to her, but she's too invested in her phone to catch sight of me.

“Hello, Olympia.” I lean on my car and put my sunglasses up on my head, looking at her whose attention is still on her phone.

“Hi,” She says in a bored voice and lifts her eyes to my face for a second. She is alone, no sign of Adelia, even if it is over 5 minutes since the hour she asked us to be here.

Where the fuck is she?

How stupid of me to accept her invitation. I should have known this would be a bad idea, but no, I was trying to be polite and get my friendship back to stability, so now I am standing alone with Olympia in front of this shopping center.

There is some type of tension between us, it's like I am not even here, and I know exactly where it comes from.

I’m a woman and I am not fucking stupid. All of those eye-rolls she thinks I don't see when I am with Harry, make me think that she is not very keen on my friendship with him.

That's a shame because I don't really care what she thinks.

"Um, have you heard anything from Adelia?" I ask and start tapping my heel anxiously. She gives me an annoyed grin which I ignore and flips her hair down her back.

"Told me she's gonna be a little late. Trafic or something." She stands up and comes next to me, her back to my car, our shoulders touching "This is your car?" she asks amazed, her mouth opening slightly.

I came here with it, didn't I And how did she only observed it now?

"Um, yeah." Her eyebrows furrow but I clear my voice and her eyes snap to mine, holding my gaze a few seconds before we both divert our looks in different directions.