The Broken Thing

He held it up, the glittering remnants of the beautiful, intricate mechanisms designs it had once contained, contorted.Twisted into something ugly. Light flickered through the cracks and the pureness of its creation could be glimpsed,hauntingly-the last spark of a dying man's eyes. He held it with reverence and the soft, now meloncholy, sounds that hummed out from it still sent shivers down his spine as it cause memories of what had once been to spew from his mind as fresh and as pure as it had once been. Before the damage of neglect and disrepair and mistakes had made it what it was now. An innocent creation without the premise or malintent it now contained, the smooth perfection it exhibited unmarred by the scars and scratches as through the years it had worn away to become the broken thing it was now. The warm feelings and safety gone. The grins and stares replaced with loathing glares. He looked at what it had become, cruel and selfish and let it fall from his hand, breaking itself on the ground below and stood. Tall proud and free he walked away, the weight on his shoulders eviscerated.His thoughts clear for what felt like the first time in forever and thought one clear, sharp,pure thought.

Fuck it