🌸Chapter-14🌸

Tanisha's pov:

Ugh... why on the earth I'm not finding anything?? That exact moment Aviraj came and as usual out banter start. But the dress he chose for me was beautiful but my ego got hurt. So, i refuse it. But when he make me angry by saying that pink is favourite colour of all girl and I'm also belong to the same category. Then to prove myself i buy it but inside my brain i was doing happy dance. After that i brought some other dresses for other functions with Maa help. Due to the over shopping there are lot of bags and also maa and aunty got tired so they told us to go and buy the engagement ring. While they'll go to our home and take rest.

                   Four of us went to buy the ring. After watching wedding bands for both, finally they both agree to buy a simple ring but Boudi ring size need to be fix. They take it to fix according to her size. So, they were looking other ornaments. Suddenly my eyes stuck in a beautiful bracelet. It's so beautiful. I excused myself went to see the bracelet. I wore it it's looking so beautiful but when i saw the price tag i immediately remove it. When Dabhai asked me what happened i lied that i didn't like it after wearing it. Taking both the rings we exit the shop then suddenly Aviraj said he forgot his phone inside as Jivika take it for him he fogot to pick up. He said to wait for him in parking lot. Nodding we exited the mall. After reaching home aunty boudi they left immediately as the engagement was tomorrow. I was dead tired by that time so after changing i slept immediately without having dinner.

Engagement Day

In the morning, our pishi (paternal aunt) and Mama (maternal brother) with her family. My grandmother also came. When i saw my cousins i got excited we hugged each other squealing. But when my eyes fall on Grandma my excitement gone to another level. Please note the sarcasm. I touch her feet to take her blessing. Because according to her without her blessing we'll not get rich bride family and dowry. But she don't know that we're not taking anything as we didn't inform her. Otherwise together with pishi they say ill word to maa and her upbringing. After talking with them everyone started getting ready.

                     We reached the venue. The place was beautifully decorated. I was about enter Pishi pull me a side. And said

"What are you wearing??"

"Dress."

"Are you out of your mind. What kind of a dress this is. Your stomach is showing. Don't you have some shame. Is this what your mother teaching you showing off your body to attract attention of the boys. Like mother like daughter characterless."

"Pishi please! if you can't see it properly that's your problem because its has net embodries. And for God's sake its 2020. And secondly don't say anything about my mother because you don't have any right to question my mothers upbringing because my brother is also her son and his upbringing also done by mother. So you meant to say my brother is also characterless. please open your damn mind before passing any comment."

"Ohh now you're going to insult me. And what did you just say i can't say anything to your mother i have no right tahole shun amr sob adhikar ache (then listen i have every right). If it's not your mom he won't leave his home. Because of your mother he don't talk with us normally. You both are wretched."

"Ohh please. Stop blaming my mother unnecessarily. They love each other. That's why he left your so called home because he know you guys won't let her live peacefully. But after everything like everything you did baba never forget his responsibility towards you guys."

"Shut up! We accept you and now your shouting at me. You ungrateful girl. What to do? The mistake is only done by my own brother who marry a lower cast girl. You'll also bring the shame like your mother. I don't think anyone will marry girl like you." Saying that she went away.
Tears started coming out from eyes. Every single time they hurt my maa because of her lower cast. But they didn't say anything to baba because he's her brother and Dabhai well he's a boy the heir of Das family. Baba don't know about these thing as they always behave very sweetly in front of him. As for dabhai he knows but due to maa he didn't say anything to them or baba.

           Thankfully, my make up was waterproof. I touch up my make up little went towards stage where dabhai was standing. Dabhai asked if I'm okay and where i was. I lied to him that i'm okay and went to restroom because i don't want to spoil his special day. After rings were brought to the stage. They both exchange it and we all clapped for them and wish them. But i don't know why I feel strong gaze of someone. I roam my eyes but i didn't find anyone. So i shrugged the feeling. But when my eyes meet with Aviraj's eyes i feel different kind of emotions. I tried to read it but failed. He was looking at me longingly. So, i averted my eyes. After small dance performance by both families. we went to have dinner as most of the guests were already left.

                 Finally, dabhai got engaged. I am really happy for them. But will i be happy like them suddenly this question pop out from nowhere. Maybe pishi word affect me And my mind went towards Aviraj's eyes. His eyes were having some kind of pain. Maybe thinking about Boudi he got emotional. Yeah that's the reason. After freshening up i went towards bed. When my head hit the pillow i drifted of to sleep immediately.

**************************************

Due to my illness update got late.

So, the update is here. I hope you'll like it. Forgive me for my mistakes. Please add my story in your library so get notification as i don't know when I'll update.
20/11/2020

Thank you for giving your time and choosing my story.