Chapter 44

Ryujin's POV

The next morning after our fight, I tried approaching Gyuri but she doesn't want to talk with me.

I shouldn't have hurt her physically. I should've calm myself because I know that I couldn't maintain myself from being violent when I'm mad. I shouldn't have hurt her.

"Oh...Ryujin-ah..." Jiwoo mumbled when she saw me. Their laughs faded when I came. It makes me feel too ashamed of myself...

I feel like I'm swallowing the ego that I was protecting for long.

"Where's Jindori?" Jiwoo added.

"She's in the cafeteria." I answered. I tried glancing at Gyuri who couldn't look at me.

"Wanna talk about something?" Seoyeon asked that I didn't manage to answer. I just stood in front of them with my head down.

"We'll leave you two for awhile, don't hurt each other." Seoyeon stated.

"I'm leaving too." Gyuri said.

"Let's talk, Gyuri-yah." I gulped the lump on my throat after saying those words.

"Come on, Gyul. If you want to fix something between Heejin and Yeji then why not try to fix your situation with your best friend?"

"I'm not going to argue with a narrow-minded person like her."

My eyes darted at her who grabbed her bag to run from our conversation but I managed to grip on her arms when she walked behind me.

"Tell me the truth. Why do you want to fix everything between us? Is it for Yeji's sake or for your own good? Do you badly want to make a move on Heejin? Can't you wait? All I'm asking is consideration. I want you to consider Yeji's feelings because I know myself that this isn't the right time to make it all alright. She's in deep pain and I don't want to meddle with that." I seriously stated, trying to hold myself.

"Ryu, just an act of forgiveness. That's all I'm asking for." Gyuri mumbled.

"But the point here is—why would you ask for it when you've never done anything wrong to her? It was Heejin. And I bet if you won't annoy her to apologize, she won't. Heejin doesn't deserve that forgiveness for now and I hope you'd realize that." letting go of her arms, I heavily breathed before turning my back at them. I don't want to argue with her again. I'm here to apologize but I don't want to disrespect Yeji. Giving up my point would disrespect her. I want to prove them that I got a point when it comes to Yeji.

"Bruh, what's wrong with forgiving people? I'm sure if I bring Heejin in front of Yeji now, Yeji would forgive her."

"Do you know what you're talking about? It was like Heejin tortured Yeji but Yeji got away. There's a lot of evidences to prove Heejin's deed but the court would insist to have the victim on the court, to tell everything and point the suspect tho Yeji, the victim is still healing and is in deep pain with all the trauma she got from her predator. It's like Yeji should face the culprit and reminisce everything that happened to her just to get the justice she deserves." I stated, "You get my point? Are you really going to bring Heejin in front of her in an instant without knowing how's her condition? If she's already stable enough to handle it all? Forgiveness can wait, Gyuri, unless you can't."