Chapter 53

Yeji's POV

We're in a resort for Ryujin's birthday. The whole lot crowd is enjoying their time but here I am, looking for the celebrant. She's not answering her phone either. I've always been bothered since her mom left...I knew that it gave huge impact to Ryujin. About how huge it is? Who knows? No one would find out because even herself couldn't.

Time passed by so quickly that I think, I haven't really treasured those times. My times alone...with my family and especially with Ryujin.

"Hey Gyuri-yah, have you seen Ryujin?" I asked when I saw Gyuri on my way to the pool area. She gestures me to come closer since the beat of music is too loud.

"Have you seen Ryujin?" I asked again.

"She's probably up there!" Gyuri said while pointing the rooftop of the hotel. I mouthed thank you before tracing the way inside the hotel.

I couldn't see any people roaming around here, they are all enjoying the party without even realizing that the celebrant wasn't there with them.

It was easy for me to reach the rooftop since this hotel only consists of 5 floors in total.

I had a sudden pause when I opened the door. The cold breeze of the air hits my skin underneath my white maxi dress. There's tons of twinkling stars on the sky too.

"Yeddeong?" I turned my head on the side and saw Ryujin walking towards my direction, "Why are you here?" she asked.

"Why are you here?" I asked, returning her question.

"It's too loud down there." Ryujin says as she walks back to her place.

"Are you enjoying?" I followed her steps that's bringing me to the edge of the rooftop. Through the light of glowing moon, I can see the can of beers lying around the floor where she probably left awhile ago.

"I'm not. It doesn't feel like a special day at all." Ryujin answered with a heavy sigh, her arms were rested on the guardrail and as the same time, missing the opportunity to watch the beautiful view because I know she's looking at nowhere.

I closed my eyes and inhaled some air. It hits different after opening my eyes, the view became more beautiful than ever with all those streetlights, lights of building and cars...and when you look up, there's tons of twinkling stars that's lighting the sky together with the beautiful moon.

"I wanna wake up in dream, dream, dream🎶" I sang before holding Ryujin's hand that made her snap out. She looks so amused that's why I smiles at her before I continue the song, "Where the air is soft to breathe, breathe, breathe🎶"

"Hold on and don't let go🎶" I stepped sideward, extending both of our arms as Ryujin's eyes glued on me.

"If we fall down then you should know🎶" I went back close to her. Ryujin turned her body to my direction, just looking at me with her genuine eyes. "That we could just be🎶" this time I held her hand up, "Blowing florets~ I wanna dance in the air🎶" I turned around, going under her arms.

"You're giving butterflies to my whole body, pretty." Ryujin said that made me even smile.

"Blowing florets🎶"

"And just not care about anyone or anything but you and me🎶" I turned around twice before kissing her hand.

"So don't let go of me🎶" I took my last turn and wrapped my arms around her nape, giving her a peck on her lips.