Chapter 54

Ryujin's POV

I slowly opened my eyes after gaining my consciousness. The sound of running water approaches my ears as well as the ray of sunlight that's peeping on the window.

My room should be reeking of alcohol by now but all I could smell is the fresh lavender scent.

"Good morning, Ryuddaeng."

I partially tilted my head to see who just greeted me and I saw Yeji, walking closer to me while holding a water basin.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Yeji sat beside me after putting the basin on the table. She began patting my forehead with a warm towel that I didn't even notice not until it hits my skin.

"Ryujinnie, are you still intoxicated?" she asked when I didn't utter a single word.

Am I dreaming or did I consume too much liquor last night?

I looks at her and sees her darting gaze on me. It was as if she's waiting for me to speak up. I shut my eyes instead of answering her.

I developed the habit of enjoying alcoholic drinks and before I could even stop, I realized I was already addicted to it. I think it became my way of coping up all these feelings I thought were gone already.

You get the happiness for seconds, minutes, or even hours and you thought it's done already. You thought your wilted days has ended already. But when you're alone in your room, walking alone on the street, sitting alone in your classroom—you'd realize that you wasn't able to get away from everything that's tormenting your life.

When I'm with Yeji I don't feel lonely at all...but she's not here with me all the time. I thought I was fine but I'm completely empty.

Some things doesn't fade that fast. Months just passed by...Yeji promised she'll wait no matter how slow my progress is.

"What favor, pretty?" I asked when I finally pulled myself together.

"There's class tomorrow, can you not drink later?"

I yawns and stretches my arms the moment I got up from my bed. There's Yeji who's looking at me while patiently waiting for my reply.

"I can go to school with hangover, Yeji-yah." I said while walking towards the mirror to fix my appearance. It's disappointing how Yeji sees me like this oftentimes. Gladly, I was born with this face.

"But..." I looks back at Yeji and sees her pouting, "Tomorrow will be the first day of autumn..." she said while pouting and her gloomy eyes are telling it all.

We weren't matured for our age yet but I'm turning our relationship into one. We should be having fun...like when we were starting. This should be fun for her and not stressful but because of me—we're getting right into that toxic relationship.

But I don't wanna...

"Can you cut a paper perfectly?" I suddenly asked while looking at the mirror and putting cream on the blemishes on my face.

"If I'm focusing, why?" I could hear her steps getting closer to me that's why I pulled the drawer and tried searching for the scissor.