nine

⌜ chapter nine ⌟

"You know, I'm glad that you talked to your mom, and she's staying in creative writing for the year, but I really could've done without the story about when you were born." Letty says as Eric walks around their bedroom, getting ready to head out.

"It was better than listening to those squeamy stories about her and my dad." He says. "She can still write them all she wants, but I don't need to hear 'em."

She chuckles as he then walks over to her. "Yeah, I didn't wanna hear that either."

"You're sure you don't wanna come over to my parents' with me?" He asks, resting his hands on the mattress next to where she's laying. "My mom likes it when you hang out with her."

"I know. Next time." She tells him. "I promised Lina that we'd go out tonight, she wants to meet more people in town."

"Okay." He leans down and kisses her before heading out to meet up with his dad.

Letty spends a few more minutes laying there before she gets up and changes so that she can go out with Lina. Then the two brunettes find a bar where they can play pool and have some burgers. They don't go to Reggie's because Lina wants to get away from her brother for awhile.

"So, you're never gonna tell Eric about...any of it?" Lina asks as the younger girl plays her turn.

"I don't plan on it." She shakes her head. "You should've seen his face after I was jumped by Walt and Roy. I can't imagine telling him about everything that's out there. Much less what we do."

"And you don't hunt anymore, right?"

"Not in a long time." She stands up straight. "I was hunting with Hope, Melissa, Miller, Jason, and Dean a couple years ago. Shawn was being a punk, and he purposely pissed me off so that I'd leave him alone. I spent the majority of that Summer on the road with them."

"And you don't want to hunt anymore?" Lina asks as she leans over the table. "You don't like it?"

"I don't like that it's something I know because of my father." She tells her. "I like helping people, saving them."

"But you're done hunting? For good?"

"I saw the way that it ruined my parents, and Jack's parents. I don't want it to ruin me and Eric."

"You two are adorable." Lina teases as she walks over to her.

"Shut up." She nudges her. "I love him, I can't lose him. He means everything to me."

"Yeah. I can't see him mixed up in our crap anyway."

"Exactly." Letty agrees before clearing the table of all the solid balls, then knocks the rest of the striped into pockets as well.