Chapter Twelve: Vanilla Bean

Listening to Momo's childish chatter is somewhat meditative for Taehyung. While she chats about cookies and sweets, Taehyung's mind wanders to his to-do list for the day. He squeezes her hand gently to show that he is still paying attention, but part of his mind has shifted to his lessons and his exam scheduled right after class. He won't have time to clean up his room before having to run for the trains, so maybe he should come in over the weekend and clean it? He could ask Yoongi, but after everything he's done for him, Taehyung doesn't want to be a burden anymore. He feels like he asks for too much from Yoongi and Hobi sometimes...yet as Taehyung and Momo walk into his classroom and he is greeted by his friend's gentle smile, he realizes that Yoongi might not mind. The worst that can happen is he says no if Taehyung asks, right?

"I see the Japchae went very well yesterday," Yoongi teases as Taehyung lets go of Momo's hand and the little girl wanders off to her desk, taking a seat and pulling out her supplies. Taehyung smiles sheepishly, setting his bag on his desk as he pulls out his notebook and lesson plans.

"Yeah it...it was great," Taehyung quietly replies, his smile growing wider as he thinks back on last night and the kisses shared, "Thank you for letting me borrow your kitchen," he adds and Yoongi just laughs.

"Hey, I told you your payback is movies tomorrow. You're still free for that, right?" Yoongi asks and Taehyung nods quickly.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. Especially since my last final is this afternoon," Taehyung chimes with a bright boxy grin. Yoongi loves seeing Taehyung like this. This bright and bubbly and happy, yet there is a reason he waited for him this morning, and he can't forget that.

"I hate to ruin your mood, but I do need to discuss the incident in the classroom yesterday..." Yoongi quietly starts and Taehyung goes rigid. His eyes instantly go to Momo, worried about her overhearing them talk about her mother.

"Momo, dear, can you do me a favor?" Taehyung asks and Momo's head pops up, curiously looking away from her doodle.

"Sure! What is it Tae Tae?" Momo chimes, flashing Taehyung a bright grin.

"Miss Genie hasn't brought her reports to me yet...do you think you can go ask her for them?" Taehyung asks and Momo nods quickly, scurrying out of her desk before saluting him.

"I'll be right back!" she cries, skipping out of the classroom and buying Taehyung a minute or two alone with Yoongi.

"Melanie filed a complaint against you," Yoongi starts, his words causing Taehyung's eyes to go wide.

"She what...?" he stammers and Yoongi sighs, sitting down in Taehyung's desk chair.

"She filed a complaint against you since you supposedly insulted her and she thinks you're an incompetent teacher," Yoongi explains, yet before Taehyung can defend himself Yoongi holds his hand up, "Don't worry, Tae, the complaint is not being taken very seriously by the board. Especially since she was the one cursing in the classroom,"

"So what is going to be done with it...that's on my record, right?" Taehyung quietly asks, fingers nervously fiddling with his sleeves.

"The board has to review it. Make sure your lesson plans and performance are up to the standards of Sunshine Academy, but that is all. If they find more complaints or deficits in your teaching, then you will be reprimanded next year. I felt it only fair to warn you..." Yoongi apologetically says, and Taehyung can see the guilt on Yoongi's face. He knows he tried everything to stop this from even reaching the board of directors in the first place. Taehyung plasters a smile on his face, the cheeriness not quite reaching his eyes, but that's okay. Yoongi knows he is trying.

"I promise, I will do my best to keep my job here. They won't have any reason for getting rid of me," Taehyung states determinedly, his optimism causing Yoongi to chuckle softly and run his fingers through Taehyung's curly locks.