Chapter Twenty-Four: PB&J

It is my one day off this week, and I should be reading for class, but instead, I'm finishing this damn chapter! I apologize that it's on the shorter side, but I promise the next one will be much longer and full of sweet treats!

Anyways I hope you enjoy!

...

Everything about the day is normal for the students at Sunshine Academy. They effortlessly transfer from one subject to the next, from their numbers and alphabet to arts and crafts. It is the perfect day in Taehyung's opinion, yet he can't help but worry. Throughout the morning, he watches Ian, noticing a slight change in the boy's energy. Ian seems happier, more lively...not as stressed. He plays with Momo and chatters with Cassidy, the three bringing a bright light to the class that eases some of Taehyung's paranoid anxiety. They're okay. All of his students will be okay.

After several hours, the lunch bell rings, and Taehyung jumps slightly in his desk chair. He stands up with a smile on his face, hiding some of the anxiety within as he moves out from behind his desk and towards the students. He glances at Ian as the boy reaches into his backpack to pull out a small paper bag.

"Okay, everyone! Make your way to the lunch area. Please don't rush and don't push! I'll see you afterward!" Taehyung chimes as he wanders over to Ian, Cassidy, and Momo, "Do you guys have a good lunch today?" he asks, trying to play off his worries with curiosity so they don't notice his underlying concern.

"I've soup!" Cassidy chimes, holding up a small Hello Kitty thermos. Ian grins and shows Taehyung the small paper bag in his hand.

"Peanutbutter and jelly," Ian says, "It's grape. I really like grape."

"My daddy made me PB&J too!" Momo chimes.

"Well, that's good! I'm glad you all have something yummy for lunch," Taehyung says before he feels a tug on his sweater sleeve. He turns and sees Momo's big eyes pouting up at him as she fiddles with the hem of her sweater.

"Hey, TaeTae...Daddy said I could have one of your bentos if there were extra...is there an extra?" Momo curiously asks. Taehyung smiles and nods, wandering over to his bag before pulling out two small bento boxes.

"Here. One for you and one to share amongst the three of you. I really did make too much food," Taehyung chimes, smiling as Momo takes the small boxes.

"Yay! Thank you TaeTae!" she cheers.

"Thank you!" Both Ian and Cassidy chime in before rushing out of the classroom with Momo.

Taehyung just laughs and sits down at his desk, nibbling on his own lunch while looking over the science notes he missed the other day. His mind, however, begins to wander to memories of the morning with Jungkook. Especially the moment in the kitchen when Jungkook had pulled him close, kissing him with a fire that scorched through Taehyung. He fiddles with his curly locks as he lets his thoughts wander to tomorrow. He promised to go over on Thursday, yet will he be able to stop himself from yearning for more sweet kisses, and touches and—

He stops that train of thought, shaking his head as he forces his thoughts to not go any further. He shouldn't be thinking about that here. He shouldn't be yearning for Jungkook when he needs to study and then teach.

So he turns back to his notes, looking over them again and again, trying to memorize chemical formulas and lab procedures, though it almost feels impossible. He can't focus on anything except the dark-haired man whose gaze has burned its way into Taehyung's thoughts and heart. His eyes flicker to his phone, and instantly he reaches for it.