Chapter Four: Lemon Drops

Hey all! I'm so sorry I haven't had much time to write. I'm sick as a dog now and taking this opportunity to finish some chapters. I hope you enjoy them! Now onto the story!!

....

The rest of the week passes Taehyung by in a blur. He goes from wrangling small chaotic children to long boring lectures and lonely nights. Each day is as tedious as the last, and though Taehyung has the help of the lollipops, they don't fully appease his anxiety and loneliness. His bare apartment seems cold and isolated, the white walls haunting him as he tries desperately to get some sleep.

Finally, it is Friday; as the school week went on, the students became more and more comfortable, which meant some of them would act out. Not many. Just some. Cassidy, Momo, and Ian have become good friends, the three of them being the only highlight of Taehyung's day. Well, that and the cookies Momo always gives him. Today was a lemon drop cookie with icing that had Taehyung literally in heaven. All the cookies have been great, right up there with the lollipops from Sweet Addictions. Taehyung thinks back to the handsome, flirty shopkeeper, and a faint blush touches his cheeks. He can't wait to go back and see the man again.

As Taehyung cleans up for the day, his phone starts incessantly buzzing on his desk. He looks over and sees a text from Hobi, a smile instantly blooming on his face as he reads it.

4:45: Movie night tonight with Yoongi and me! Meet at our place. 8 pm. Bring snacks!

Taehyung laughs at the demand for snacks, quickly texting a confirmation before finishing up with cleaning his classroom for the weekend. As soon as he is done, he grabs his hoodie, turns the lights off, and hurries out of the room. 

He says goodbye to all of the teachers he passes, thanking them for a job well done even as his anxieties of escaping the prestigious academy wash over him. Finally, he makes it out of the building, smiling as the setting sun momentarily shines right over the courtyard. He loves this time of day when the receding rays of sunlight cast crimson, orange, and gold rays over the city. The air becomes crisper as day turns into night, and despite such a long week, Taehyung feels relief wash over him as he heads for the train station. He sticks himself in the corner of the train, trying to keep himself away from the massive mob of commuters that fill the steel compartment. People come and go from the train, their eyes a mix of excitement and exhaustion. Some are thrilled for the weekend, and others--like Taehyung--are just relieved for the day to finally be over.

By the time he steps out at the station, the sky has turned a beautiful dark blue, the streetlights keeping any signs of the stars at bay. Taehyung pulls his sweater closer to him before wandering off in the direction of Sweet Addictions where he plans on finding goodies for his movie night. As Taehyung enters the well-lit shop, the sweet aroma of goodies consumes him, and his eyes quickly go to the cashier counter where the clerk ought to be, and yet no one is there. Instead, he hears the man's deep voice near the toffees, behind a display table of beautiful golden boxes of sweets. Taehyung wanders behind a different display, silently eavesdropping on the conversation that ignites his curiosity. When his eyes fall on Jungkook, his heart flutters in his chest as he is in awe of the man's intense looks in such a simple outfit as a white button-up shirt and dark jeans.

 When his eyes fall on Jungkook, his heart flutters in his chest as he is in awe of the man's intense looks in such a simple outfit as a white button-up shirt and dark jeans