Chapter Twenty-Three: Souffle Pancakes

**It's early morning, and I should be working on my Master's project, but instead, I really wanted to write this cuteness. Enjoy!**

...

"Daddy...Daddy...wake up! I want to go to school!"

Jungkook groans in his bed, his head buried under the pillow as he feels Momo shaking him back and forth. The little girl sits on his back, her tiny legs kicking his side slightly as he doesn't budge from the warm sanctuary of blankets and pillows.

"Daddy...please...I don't wanna be late..." Momo pouts, giving him one last shake. Jungkook sighs, lifting his head and glancing over at the clock on his bedside table.

"Momo. It is only 4:30. You won't be late," Jungkook says, trying desperately to not snap at his daughter as he rolls over so he can sit with his back pressed against the pillow. He rubs his eyes, looking down at the pouting child, and sighs, "Why are you up so early?"

"I want to go to school–"

"I know, bun, but the school doesn't start until 8 am," he interjects, "Did you sleep at all?"

"Some...I...I want to see my friends...and Tae Tae..." she replies, her lips curling into a frown as she looks down at the bedspread, "Sorry, Daddy. I don't...I didn't mean to be rude. I just...I just–" she cuts herself off with a little sniffle, and worry begins to fill Jungkook's veins. Momo is never one to throw tantrums. She never screams or cries when she doesn't get her way, so the little tears gleaming in the corner of her eyes have him concerned instead of annoyed.

"Is this just about missing your friends?" Jungkook asks but she just shakes her head no, her little braids bouncing against the side of her cheek slightly, "Okay, then why do you want to go to school so bad?"

"I...I don't want them to forget me..." Momo whispers, her voice cracking as she tries so hard not to cry. Jungkook's heart aches painfully as he scoops Momo into his arms for a hug.

"It's only been a few days, bun. They won't forget you," Jungkook says with a soft reassuring smile as Momo looks up at him with big tears in her warm brown eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am. I'm sure they miss you just as much as you missed them!" Jungkook says before Momo sits up, wiping at her tears.

"Daddy...can we have Tae Tae over for pancakes?" Momo asks quietly, her fingers twirling in Jungkook's baggy sleep shirt. At the mention of Taehyung, Jungkook smiles softly, yet he doesn't want to wake Taehyung if the boy is sleeping soundly.

"It's only Wednesday, bun. He said he'll come over tomorrow,"

"I know...but...I just...could we possibly do pancakes, please?" Momo pleads. He sighs, running his hand through his hair before reaching for his cell phone.

"I'm only going to text him. If he is sleeping, I don't want to wake him with a phone call, okay?" Jungkook explains and the small child nods eagerly.

"Okay, Daddy. At least we can try, right?" Momo chimes before Jungkook laughs and unlocks his phone.

"Exactly. There's no harm in trying," he says before typing out a message to Taehyung.

Good morning, Tae. If you are awake and interested, I am going to make pancakes this morning. You are welcome to join us.

"Let's get up and start getting ready in case he does decide to join us, okay?" Jungkook suggests and Momo happily tosses herself off the bed, running for her bedroom while Jungkook lays back against the pillows, quietly wishing he could manifest coffee from thin air when his phone vibrates against his side. He looks down both surprised and happy to see Taehyung's contact pop up.