Chapter Eleven: Belgian Waffles

I'm totally not procrastinating my homework by writing...nope..definitely not...

...

When Jungkook wakes the next morning to his alarm, he can instantly tell something is different. His normal routine has altered, for instead of waking up alone in his large, cold, bed--or with Momo jumping on his chest--he wakes to a gentle warmth radiating from the body curled against his side, fists clinging tightly to Jungkook's shirt. Jungkook smiles, turning to face Taehyung as he gently wraps his arms around the boy, ghosting his fingers over the smaller boy's back. Taehyung lets out a soft whimper and pulls closer, the sound sending off several very different feelings in Jungkook. It is a simple sound, so innocent and sweet and yet so seductive. Jungkook closes his eyes as his imagination runs rampant, the thought of Taehyung making that sound while Jungkook kisses him, caresses him--

Dear lord, it's been way too fucking long... Jungkook thinks to himself, shaking away the inappropriate thoughts that are plaguing his mind. He's surprised he still has an imagination like that. Especially after his last relationship failed so epically. He's a father now. He can't be having thoughts like an immature teenager.

Yet, when Taehyung curls closer, his breath lightly feathering over the juncture of Jungkook's neck and shoulder, the dark-haired man barely contains the groan of desire about to leave his lips. His hands tighten slightly on Taehyung's waist, fingers sliding beneath the fabric of the shirt to hold on to Taehyung's bare skin. He doesn't move his hands from that spot, not trusting what he might do if his caresses provoke another breathless moan from the sleeping Taehyung. He leans down, rests his chin on the top of Taehyung's head, and breathes deeply. He could get used to this. All of this...the meals, the lullabies, the cuddling boy, and waking up with him in his arms. There is a comfort here that Jungkook has never felt before. Not even when he first married Melanie. There wasn't any cuddling or comfort; no lullabies or home-cooked meals...why the hell did they marry again?

Jungkook knows the answer: Momo. They married because Melanie was pregnant with Momo, but they never really had a honeymoon phase in their relationship. It was never warm and cuddly, but harsh and interrogative. Melanie only wondered when the next check was coming in so she could turn around and spend it.

Stop thinking about it. Jungkook sighs, sinking into Taehyung's warm embrace as the curly-haired boy snuggles closer. Several minutes pass, then Taehyung stretches slightly in Jungkook's embrace, waking up with another whimpering sound that Jungkook desperately tries to ignore. When Taehyung's sleepy eyes flutter open, Jungkook's breath catches in his throat. At this proximity, Jungkook can almost count all of the long eyelashes that adorn Taehyung's eyes, and he can see clearly the little mole on the corner of one of his eyes, the little mole on the tip of Taehyung's nose, and the one that teases the corner of Taehyung's lip. With how close they are, Jungkook can see little specks of gold and green dancing in Taehyung's chocolate eyes, the orbs warming as Taehyung notices how deeply Jungkook stares.

"Hi," he squeaks out, a light blush creeping on his cheeks as Jungkook smiles gently.

"Good morning," he says, his hands subconsciously running over Taehyung's soft waist.

"What time is it?" Taehyung asks, his hands releasing Jungkook's shirt as he uses one of them to sleepily rub at his eyes.

"It is...5:15," Jungkook says, glancing at the bright neon alarm clock on his bed stand, "What time do you need to get up for school?" he quietly asks and Taehyung sighs, stretching sleepily in Jungkook's arms.

"Not till 6:00 today..." he mumbles and Jungkook nods, leaning down and kissing Taehyung's forehead gently.

"Then sleep some more, cutie. I'll make us breakfast,"