Welcome To The 60's

"Mom? Well, I've never heard that one before." The woman before you responded

Your heart dropped as you heard the sound of a southern accent lace her words. This wasn't the woman who raised you for five years. This wasn't your mom. This was just someone who looked like her. Exactly like her. You looked away, trying to hide the disappointment in your eyes.

"My apologies...you look just like my mother who passed away." You respond quietly

You can feel the bed dip a bit as a gentle hand is placed on your shoulder. In a comforting tone, she replies,

"Oh sweetie, don't you apologize, you've done nothing wrong. I'm sorry about your late mother but I'm sure it would put a smile on her face to know that you're finally awake and still with this world."

"Finally awake?"

"I found you alone, passed out, and bleeding in an alley just after midnight on New Years Day. You've been in a coma for a week. I've come in every day to make sure that you were doing alright." she explains

A week after New Years Day? But that would be January 8th. It was April 1st when the apocalypse happened. It was Kenny's birthday. It was the day of Vanya's concert. January 8th? You thought about how this could happen and then you faintly remembered the decision the group made. You all agreed to have Five travel you through time. You remembered holding Five's hand as you felt the disturbance of opening a wormhole through time and then nothing else. But if you had traveled through time...where did you end up? You turned to look at the woman sitting next to you.

"What year is it?" You question confused

"Oh, you must've really hit your head. Today is January 8th, 1960." She replies

"1960?!" You say surprised

You sit up quickly but just as rapidly you feel pain shoot through your body. You let out a groan as you lean back onto your raised bed.

"Oh, you need to be careful! You're still covered in injuries." The woman exclaims concerned

And that's when you finally took a look at yourself. Your arms were covered in bandages and one of your wrists was in a cast. You could feel the fabric of more bandaging wrapped around your waist and a dull pulse of pain continue through your body from you quickly sitting up.

"Y'know the doctor said you were lucky to be alive with all of these wounds."

You definitely believed the doctor's words because your body had been put through some pretty traumatic stuff that night. You closed your eyes as you tried to relax and come to terms with your injuries but as you did memories of that night flashed through your mind. Your eyes shot open as the woman looked at you.

"Are you okay darling?" She asked

"I'll be okay..." You replied shakily

"Well alright." She replies before saying "My goodness, I never introduced myself. You must think I'm some crazy woman. My name is Grace."

You tilted your head in disbelief and blinked your eyes in confusion. Her name is Grace? Could your former assumption be incorrect? Maybe this wasn't a woman who looked like your mom, but this was actually her. It was the same name, same blonde hair, same caring eyes, and joyful smile. It could be your mom. But how? It didn't make sense but neither did anything else that occurred since the funeral. You had no clue if this could truly be your mom or not, but given the circumstances of everything else, it was the least of your concerns.

"I'm (Y/N)..." You slowly reply still trying to process what she had said

"Well (Y/N), do you have any family in the area? Like I said you were alone when I found you in that alley a week ago."