ACT III

Enter Omerya's Lantern! The Mysterious Hero Appears! 

By the time darkness had blanketed the coasts of the Silver Sea once again, the celebrations which had lasted for most of the day continued on deep into the night. For hours after the burning of Athyra's ship, all of the pubs, food stops and even the little shops selling potions and herbs were completely out of stock, now consumed by the enamored Sifan culture, now wandering the streets in drunken stupors. Joy was the music of the night. Singing, cheering, dancing, even Sifan pirates blowing fire and juggling huge, spiked sea shells. Musicians played on special Spriton lyres, flutes called out with swift, sweet melodies, and the air was thick with the pungent smells of roasting food and hundreds of different kinds of incense. The smoke wafting through the breeze clouded the stars high above.

Near the shoreline, along the outskirts of one of the many tents shops, Tavra, Onica and Tae walked briskly down the sandy shores, doing their best to observe the party from a far. After all, they had already spent several hours making their way through the celebrations long before the crowds arrived, on the advice of Onica. She knew how crazed these mobs of joyous sailors could be, and to the relief of both Tavra and Tae, she instead suggested they take a more peaceful route to their destination for the night: a well known Sifan tavern know as Omerya's Lantern. 

As Onica and Tavra walked together, with Onica playfully guiding her away from small sand holes she could easily fall into, Tae was leading the way with purpose.

"Tae, slow down a bit!" Onica called out to her. 

Tae turned around quickly and halted herself. "Sorry," she said. "I'm just so excited!"

"Where are you leading us tonight?" Tavra inquired. "I thought we were to set out on our adventure today."

"We have to meet our captain first?" Tae stuck out a finger to the air. 

"Our Captain?" Tavra repeated. "Well, what are we doing out here wandering o the shores then?"

"We're going to Omerya's Lantern!" Tae stated with an exceptional grin. 

"You can't be serious," Onica replied. She knew that name well. It was quite possibly the most popular pub and tavern along the entire coast line. Built from a repurposed antique ship, which was once part of Omerya-Staba, it was a well known spot for the most hardy, tough and salty sailors the Sifa had to offer. But over the years, it had built a nefarious reputation, corrupting the public view of the establishment. It was now considered the best spot to find pirates. Wicked pirates.

"Of course I'm serious," Tae continued. "That's why I'm so excited! I've never been--have you??" she asked.

Onica waved a dismissive hand. "Never, and I wouldn't want to!" She protested.

"I'm not sure I understand," Tavra interjected, walking between them. "Is it really so important to meet this captain here? Why not meet elsewhere."

"Because she has called for us," Tae said with swelling pride. "And I'm not going to turn down an invitation from the one who saved my life." With that, she shot both of them a sharp expression, then threw up a flap of tent behind her, walking inside the establishment. 

Tavra and Onica looked at each other, subtly shocked.  Tavra began to understand things were not as they appeared to be, and her adventure was becoming more interesting every moment.

As the three of them entered into the tavern, they were immediately struck by the aesthetic of the interior. The smell of dank mead, loud patrons, and dim lights carried by weak candles around the dark walls. It appeared to be a repurposed old ship, turned upside down, with the bent and fraying ribs of the frame enclosing overhead like fingers clasping around them. Old sail cloths and ropes dangled from rafters; a collection of decorative memories and sigils of honor. And carved into the wooden walls were knife-drawn symbols of good fortune, etched eternally beside various banners and dusty flags of all colors.