"How?" Dean wondered.

"Because for once, this isn't just another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys, you know?"

Kennedy tilted her head, looking annoyed. "Okay. Say it's true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?"

Bobby glanced between her and Dean. "At this point, Vegas money's on yeah. Kennedy, I thought you believed."

Kennedy scoffed. "Oh, yeah. Sure. I believe in a God who let my family die."

"We don't know, guys," Dean admitted.

Sam looked at his brother and friend a moment. "Okay, look. I know you aren't all choirboy about this stuff, and clearly Kennedy isn't at all choirgirl about this, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof."

"Proof?"

"Yes."

"Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it."

"Why not?"

"Because why me? If there is a God out there, why would he give a crap about me?"

"Dean-"

Dean cut him off. "I mean, I've saved some people, okay? I figured that made up for the stealing and the ditching chicks. But why do I deserve to get saved? I'm just a regular guy."

"Apparently you're a regular guy that's important to the man upstairs."

"Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out at birthday parties, much less by... God."

"Okay, well, too bad, Dean, because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat."

"Fine. What do we know about angels?"

Bobby picked up a pile of fat and weighty books and put them in front of Dean. "Start reading."

Dean looked at the pile of books and turned towards Sam.

"You're gonna get me and Kendy some pie," Dean told him before he grabbed a book from the top of the pile.

EXT. DINER CAFÉ

The Impala pulled up and stopped.

Sam was driving whilst talking on the phone. "Yes, Dean, I'll get the chips. Dude. When have I ever forgotten the pie? Exactly." He got out of the car and saw Ruby waiting. "I got to go. Yeah, all right. Bye."

He walked over to Ruby who asked, "So, is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"Did an angel rescue Dean?"

"You heard."

"Who hasn't?"

"We're not 100% sure, but I think so."

"Okay. Bye, Sam." She started walking away.

Sam grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. What's going on?"

"Sam, they're angels. I'm a demon. They're not gonna care if I'm being helpful. They smite first, and then they ask questions later."

"What do you know about them?"

"Not much. I've never met one, and I don't really want to. All I know is that they scare the holy hell out of me. Watch yourself, Sam."

"I'm not scared of angels."

Ruby walked away, leaving Sam alone.

EXT. BOBBY'S HOUSE

Sam pulled up to the house.