Kindness amidst Mayhem

Start from the beginning

" Allah would remember me if I remember HIM " Emaan asked excitedly while Nabilah nodded her head in affirmative.

"And shayatīn consistently attacks us...that means he is attacking me in this moment too?" Emaan asked horrified .

Nabilah nodded again and grinned as she saw Emaan reciting Astagfirullah very quickly when in between her dhikr ,Emaan asked,

"Ammi what does mother's of devils give them to eat that they dont get tired and keep on attacking on us without break ?".

Nabilah sighed & smiled at her daughter's innocence and stroking her cheeks she said,

" Emaan it's not what they eat it's what they have in their hearts i.e hatred towards us that makes them go on attacking us without a break ...but you know ..what defeats hate...it is love ...when shayatīn can consistently attack us because of their strong hatred towards us so why can't we consistently remember our Rabbi because of the strong love we have for HIM...remember this my jaan (my life) when you will fight the devil's hatred with the love of your Rabbi ...then you will always rise as victorious and more closer to Allah..."

Emaan beamed at her mother as Nabilah pecked her forehead before embracing her and Emaan hugged her mother back when Nabilah asked wiggling her eyebrows,

"Now tell me is your mathematics homework finished ?".

Emaan nodded in negative while pouting .Nabilah sighed while shaking her head as she said,

"Okay if you will complete your mathematics homework and get good marks in tomorrow's test then I will give you my favourite hijab pin "

Emaan's eyes sparkled with excitement as she asked her mother,

"The one which has shiny flower on it....."

Nabilah smiling nodded her head while Emaan squealed in happiness and hugging her mother quickly ,moved towards her notebooks, when seeing the wrong answer of a sum in her notebook turned all her excitement into annoyance and Emaan looked at her mother and said ,

" Ammi  is there any specific dhikr to make devil of mathematics go away ?". Nabilah quirked her eyebrows as Emaan continued ,

" As I feel mathematics hates me and keeps on attacking me with difficult questions....it is surely a devil in disguise of numbers".

Nabilah shook her head in amusement as she said,

"I don't know from where your dislike for mathematics comes as it was my favourite ".

" I know Ammi....it's from Abbu! "

"And how do you know that ?" Nabilah asked all amused as seeing Feroz's confused reaction who had just come out of washroom after taking shower.

" Abbu was saying to someone on telephone that he is not good with numbers ..."

" Oh really ...good job my Emmi dectective ".Nabilah laughed while Emaan giggled unknown that she had given her mother a reason to tease her father. While Feroz skeptically looked at mother daughter duo.
__________________________________________

Reclined on the headboard of the bed , Emaan was stroking Adila's hair who had fallen asleep with her head on Emaan 's lap. After the conversation of drawing room, she and Adila had came into the bedroom while Abida had stayed with Khaled in the drawing room. And though it had been a while but still her mind was struck on the conversation that had happened in the drawing room.