Brave Hearts

It had been more than one week since Aljida's death and one whole day when Hassan was finally discharged and had left with Mr and Mrs Rahman. And all this while ,Emaan had tried only to be a source of strength ,a bandage to the ruptured wounds of Hassan and Mr Rahman's family .She had gulped down the pain she felt ,vanquished her every tear so that she could wipe away those tears of pain of others .She didn't even let the pain succumb to her even when she was alone within the vicinity of her own trembling existence cause she knew once she breaks down she won't be able to handle it ,she won't be able to gather herself when she was supposed to hold together the breaking souls. But whether it's our own pieces or shards of others ,the one who collects them always suffers more injuries .Yet Emaan went through them bravely, her roots dithered with pain but yet she let the branches remain still and steady like an anchor to the lost and devasted ships of her loved ones .

But now as she walked slowly and sluggishly through the porticoes,  watching the rain thundering down the broken shards of sky on the earth creating a melody joyful yet melancholic and Emaan couldn't stop her feets turning towards the ground and letting herself drench in those heavenly yet shattered drops .And it felt those drops had melted away her restrain as she sat down on the bench broken and devastated .Her tears ceaselessly collaborated with pelting raindrops and body shivered more with pain than with cold. She didn't how to console herself ,to put ease to her pain when her mind flickered with all those moments with Aljida slashing her existence with craters destined never to be filed again .She had again lost that warm embrace ,caress of love ,she was again snatched away from that motherly love ...it felt like suddenly after a long walk in desert the seeming oasis she had found in her life had transformed into a mirage :a mirage of torment. And this apparition exuded a hollowness that echoed only with agony and pain.She hiccuped and gathering herself close under the shivering boundaries of her arms and support of her knees to her crumbling heart,Emaan looked up at the sky but her eyes felt helpless against wet sonnets the sky was pouring down with yet her shivering eyes and heart blinked with sturdy and agonising questions .How many more people she was supposed to lose ?How much more heartbreak she had to go ?How much more miles she had to travel under this sweltering and cruel hell heat until she find the shade of her peace ?Cause she wasn't strong enough to hold more ,to gather herself together for another avalanche .She was getting tired and falling apart ...she needed HIM ,she needed HIS help ...

Covering her face ,Emaan let the rain thrashed down her which seemed no value infront of the pain punching inside her .But suddenly Emaan noticed the rain had stopped pelting down on her .Her gaze quickly ambling over the surrounding still drenching and spluttering with sounds created by the verses infusing them into the longing heart of earth .Perplexed she looked up to be left astonished by the umbrella above her and she hastily looked back to have her eyes widen in shock before filling with more tears and pain .And guilt coursing through her body like blood in her veins.

Done with his shift hours and with Dr Duraid already standing at his office door with an umbrella was an absolute sign he had to leave for dormitory no matter what .Sighing and taking the umbrella ,Khaled walked towards his destination ,his eyes gazing around at the ground drenching in rain when his eyes caught a figure making him stop and frown and before he could decipher anything,his legs were already toward the person's direction .And with each nearing steps ,the doubt squinted away to replace anxiousness and worry reflected in his steps .As he neared her at a distance where he could hear her sniffs and whimpers and see her shivering and broken state ,he immediately knew the cause of her breaking down,shambling of her existence like a dilapidated castle .He had been noticing her trying to be anchor to Hassan and Mr Rahman's family and yet he was also aware that she was trapping the tsunami of feelings in the cavern of her heart and he had feared its effects and outcome. And seeing his concern actually materialise, hurted him more than he had imagined .He wanted to console her but he couldn't .He felt helpless like a person without arms would feel wanting to embrace people they love .He even thought of going and informing Sidra but not knowing where she was and how much time it will take her and seeing the condition Emaan was in ,he just couldn't even think of leaving her alone ,so confused what was the right thing to do yet determined he couldn't Emaan suffer ,Khaled quickly paging Sidra walked to stand behind the bench and did the only thing he could think and do at that moment :to stop those harsh downpour thrashing down her and not caring being pelted down and drenched in the same onslaughts of heavenly shards.