prolouge

the booming sound of joohyun's alarm clock can be heard through her room, causing her to wake up. it was 6 am, meaning she had to get ready for school. her new school. ever since her dad got married to her step mom, she was forced to move to seoul. she dreaded going though. she already had made new friends back home and she was already in the tenth grade, who just moved in the middle of the year? she loved her dad, but she didn't think this was fair.

groaning, she clicked it off and sat up to stretch, "another new school. yay me." she sarcastically mumbled as she got up. after getting dressed in the school's uniform which was a white button up shirt, a black sweater vest with the school's logo in pink on it, khaki skirt, and white nike air force one's. she left her black hair down and only wore lipstick and once she was done, she grabbed her things and headed downstairs.

the bunny like girl rolled her eyes as she heard her stepmother's voice. she disliked her stepmom. she couldn't really say hate the fact that her dad married kim yerin because she was glad she made her step sister, yerim. it gave her a sibling she always wanted, but her mother on the other hand, was a nuisance to her. she just couldn't understand what her dad saw in her.

"morning dad, morning yerim. yerin." she flatly said as she grabbed a granola bar, "dad, you're still taking me to school right?" she said with hopeful eyes.

joohwan used to always take her to school back at her hometown. that was where they bonded and told jokes. those memories were the ones she cherished the most.

her dad looked up from his newspaper before speaking, "actually, your mother-"

"she is not my mom." joohyun interrupted with a glare before continuing, "i'll just take the bus." she waved at her father and sister and shot a glare to her step mom, leaving the house and to the bus stop.

💋🏒📚

the bus ride to school was like any other ride. noisy and loud. joohyun hopped off the bus, suitcase in hand and examined the front of the school. it was pretty big from the outside so she could imagine what the inside would look like. there was kids lounging around, chatting about how their winter break went. seoul academic prep is the highest graduating school in all of korea. 99% of the graduating class actually graduates. as she looked around, irene saw a girl with a sign with her name on it, so she walked towards it.

"hi, are you bae joohyun?" the felined eyed girl said and the brunette nodded. "welcome! i'm jennie kim and i'll be your tour guide for today."

they walked into the big school and joohyun was amazed, but she got a bit shy as she had eyes on her, females rolling their eyes at her and the males checking her out. that was nothing new for her though. at her hometown of daegu, she would always get stares because of how gorgeous she was and how peaceful her looks was. that's where she got the nickname irene from.

"you know, you're actually pretty cute." jennie said.

irene blushed a little. jennie wasn't too bad herself. with her intense feline shaped eyes, long black hair, and her pink plump lips, she could make any boy fall to her feet. "thanks. you're pretty too." they smiled at one another until jennie felt an arm around her which caused her to jump which also startled the shorter.

"woah, babe, chill it's me."  a deep voice had said. it was a girl with bangs, her hair was long and dyed blonde. she was tall and her lanky, but well built. she wore the same uniform as them except she wore long khaki pants and she had white jordan 4's on instead.

"jesus christ, manoban, how many times do i have to tell you not to fucking surprise me like that? you know i get scared easily and you almost made the new girl piss her fucking self!" jennie repeatedly punched the girl in the shoulder as the other apologized over and over again.